SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Quick, but possibly dumb, questions.  I found this guide after looking into Legend of the Dragonborn.  Never followed a guide before.  Have always just added mods I like and tried to make them play nice.  Worked sometimes, but usually failed.

This will be my first time following a guide.  If I don't want all the mods that are listed, would that create issues with my game by omitting them?  

Also, would adding mods that I would like to use (Elemental Dragons, in addition to the other dragon mods in this guide, is the first that comes to mind) cause major issues?  

Hard question to answer.  It really depends on your familiarity with modding and how hard the new mods conflict with the existing ones in place...  I have a highly customized version installed that basically doesn't crash in my typical 4-6h play periods.  This took alot of time to get right and I had to resolve alot of conflicts myself.

Removing mods not included in the CR patch is fairly easy and as long as you also remove anything depending on it you're probably good to go.  Adding new mods that touch things that are already being modded will require custom conflict resolution.  This includes a new dragon mod.  The people in this community are generally pretty helpful just post when you have problems... we'll either be able to solve it or we won't ya know?

Good luck and have fun :D

Quick, but possibly dumb, questions.  I found this guide after looking into Legend of the Dragonborn.  Never followed a guide before.  Have always just added mods I like and tried to make them play nice.  Worked sometimes, but usually failed.

This will be my first time following a guide.  If I don't want all the mods that are listed, would that create issues with my game by omitting them?  

Also, would adding mods that I would like to use (Elemental Dragons, in addition to the other dragon mods in this guide, is the first that comes to mind) cause major issues?  

If you don't use certain mods in the guide you may have issues with the custom conflict resolution patch.  That patch will require certain mods as masters.

You can certainly add other mods that aren't in the guide, but you will have to do your own conflict resolution for those, if necessary.

EDIT:  Ninnnnnnnnjjjjjaaaaaaa !!!!!    :woot:

Edited by sirjesto

Thanks guys!  I don't plan on straying TO far from the guide, but don't want Scarcity, only want wildcat and revenge on the enemies for combat, and don't want realistic room rental.  There may be others, but those come to me right away.

Main reason I was thinking elemental dragons is I like how it adds extra ingredients, potions, and loot to dragons, but it isn't a end all, be all to have in.  With Dragon Collection 2.0 I am sure I'd be happy, plus not tried it yet anyway.

Also, and sorry for yet another question... I am on holidays next week and was planning on having my game modded to play during that time.  However, reading through this forum page, it was mentioned that the latest version of Legend of the Dragonborn could be out in a couple weeks.  Would you guys recommend waiting for the updated version before playing?  Not a big deal if so, as I still have Witcher 3 and XCOM 2 to play anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

Is anyone else getting floating grass around Whiterun with the Enhanced Vanilla Trees esp?  I've got a ton but I see LOOT has put it pretty late in my LO, well after Enhanced Landscapes, SFO and other mods that might be conflicting with it.

edit:  Ok, after looking at it in T5E I don't see how this could be causing it.  Something else must be messing it up.  I probably screwed up my Dnydolod update ( which never works but I thought I'd try it again.  Serves me right for not removing it and starting from scratch... ).

Edited by cstarkey42

Hi, I'd just like to point out a few things from the guide ::):

I noticed in the Farmhouse Chimneys installation you guys did not say to put the Moon and Star patch in. I did a little research and the install directions were the same as that of SRLE: Extended's. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake so I installed the patch anyway.

Also, I noticed you guys chucked CWO out of the mix. I have similar specs to that of Darth's (graphics card, overclocked cpu, even the core clock is the same), so I'm wondering if it would be okay to run my skyrim with the guide and the mod.

One more thing. If anyone's up for it, would someone be able to make a guide that would be able to integrate Wyrmstooth into SRLE Extended? I heard it was such a good mod, and I really want to play it, it's just that I'm really worried about installing a crap-ton of compatibility patches just for one mod. Is it worth it?

Edit: EVEN ONE MORE THING!!! Since I have similar specs as Darth, would it be okay to install the grass plugin from Enhanced Landscapes?

Edited by MattsDaZombieSlayer

Also, and sorry for yet another question... I am on holidays next week and was planning on having my game modded to play during that time. However, reading through this forum page, it was mentioned that the latest version of Legend of the Dragonborn could be out in a couple weeks. Would you guys recommend waiting for the updated version before playing? Not a big deal if so, as I still have Witcher 3 and XCOM 2 to play anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

Probably not a bad idea. I know ICA is recommending a new game for v16.

Also, it is mentioned at the beginning of the SR:LE Extended: LotD guide, but be aware that this guide is an add on for the original SR:LE. It assumes you have SR:LE already installed as well.

Sorry about making a ton of posts, but can you consider removing Immersive Weapons as well? I kind of rolled my eyes when I saw that it was mandatory for the conflict resolution. I heard the weapons were mostly buggy, ugly, and unimmersive, which is completely against the mod's main goal. Also, I think you guys already have a lot of great weapon mods already integrated into the guide. I wouldn't want to be bombarded with weapons to choose from, as IW includes more than 200 of them. It's definitely a quantity over quality mod that I can surely and gladly live without. If not, then I'll probably change the patch to delete the IW conflict resolutions and remove IW as a master.