SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Brodual's review of ICAIO mentions that it does not touch stealth behavior and recommends Immersive Detection of NPCs.  However, IDNPCs is on the Dangerous Mods list.  Some alternatives are Realistic AI Detection, Dynamic Stealth (download), and Detection Extended in order from least taxing to most taxing on your system, though Detection Extended can be heavily customized via MCM to be much less taxing than the default. 

Realistic AI Detection is a game-settings-only mod.  This makes it very efficient, and highly compatible, but also seems to make it less dynamic.  The author has released 4 different versions to try to accommodate different lighting and weather mod setups, but warns that it may not work as expected with certain weather or lighting mods.

Dynamic Stealth is still beta, and the author is rumored to be working on a new version, but the present version has some bugs that cause inconsistent behavior.

SRLE LotD does not seem to have anything addressing NPC detection (especially for stealth/light/sound).  If I've missed something that does address this, please point it out to me.  Has anyone used one of these mods, or a similar alternative with SRLE LotD?  Do you have any thoughts or recommendations?

[edited to add download link for Dynamic Stealth]

Edited by Thalioden

Brodual's review of ICAIO mentions that it does not touch stealth behavior and recommends Immersive Detection of NPCs.  However, IDNPCs is on the Dangerous Mods list.  Some alternatives are Realistic AI Detection, Dynamic Stealth (download), and Detection Extended in order from least taxing to most taxing on your system, though Detection Extended can be heavily customized via MCM to be much less taxing than the default.

Stealth Skills Rebalanced updates the detection system as well, although it also modifies the perk trees of the stealth skills for an overall improvement in gameplay.

Thalioden the reason that i didn't include many stealth mods was because i wasn't playing that kind of character when i created this build so they didn't fit with my play style. That being said my wife did use Stealth Skills Rebalanced - Sneak - Lockpicking - Pickpocket by kryptopyr along with Ordinator (don't forget the patch from ordinator for it) when she did her last play through before the birth of the twins. I believe there were one or 2 conflicts that are easy enough to fix.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Thalioden the reason that i didn't include many stealth mods was because i wasn't playing that kind of character when i created this build so they didn't fit with my play style. That being said my wife did use Stealth Skills Rebalanced - Sneak - Lockpicking - Pickpocket by kryptopyr along with Ordinator (don't forget the patch from ordinator for it) when she did her last play through before the birth of the twins. I believe there were one or 2 conflicts that are easy enough to fix.

Thank you Greg and Darth for pointing me to SSR. I wasn't really considering SSR because of the perk changes (and thus conflict with Ordinator), but your recommendations prompted me to take another look.  I also reviewed Ordinator's description for possible SSR conflicts and found this:

Stealth Skills Rebalanced: That mod overhauls several perks and therefore conflicts with Ordinator. Ordinator already comes with balance changes to sneaking, lockpicking and pickpocketing. If you prefer the game settings changes (the changes that make sneaking and stealing harder) in Stealth Skills Rebalanced over those in Ordinator, load it before Ordinator and use the "No game settings changes" version of Ordinator.

So maybe Ordinator already covers this? I may have to examine Ordinator and some of the stealth/detection mods in XEdit...

Thank you Greg and Darth for pointing me to SSR. I wasn't really considering SSR because of the perk changes (and thus conflict with Ordinator), but your recommendations prompted me to take another look. I also reviewed Ordinator's description for possible SSR conflicts and found this:

So maybe Ordinator already covers this? I may have to examine Ordinator and some of the stealth/detection mods in XEdit...

Some of the aspect yes it is covered by Ordinator but some of them also not covered by Ordinator. You can check it on xEdit. And you can compare and choose which one you like for conflicting assets.