SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

OK guys, I feel frustrated and we can say a bit angry, but at the same time totally convinced that this rig not only should run SRLE-LotD but that it "must" run SRLE-LotD, in fact I build this rig, among other things, to play with ease modded Skyrim.

So i go for full scratch, i mean, reinstalling Skyrim from point 0

Some question will come along, when time comes like, as probably anyone else, I would like to have this installation a bit "spiced" to may taste, for example, I am not so much "for the lookings" though I surely enjoy it, but I can trade a bit of it for content instead, with mods like Beyond the Reach or/and Summeset Island.

Also i like a bit more lively Skyrim, so trying not to abuse of it, and trade a bit for textures (I gonna go for "mostly" 1K textures/non-Enb" and install some of the "populated" series (not all of them, cities and prisons, the rest OBIS will take care of it, maybe populated forts too, will see)

But in any case, here i go, next uninstalling EVERYTHING (and take a look at that OC thing that i shouldn't be complicated)

See you soon

Edited by richardo11

Are you sure this is only your character? Check some NPCs that are not altered by the NPC retexture mods and see if they have the issue. If so its probably something overwriting your head mesh.

If its truly only your character I am not sure. Maybe try changing the complexion in Racemenu.

Ok will check tonite when i get off work. If thats the case though will using the creation kit to fix screw up the npcs that are affected by the overhaul mods?

Ok will check tonite when i get off work. If thats the case though will using the creation kit to fix screw up the npcs that are affected by the overhaul mods?

If its effecting your character than I don't think using the CK is going to help. That method is for fixing individual mods with facegen issues.

I think your issue is just resources getting overwritten.

OK guys, I feel frustrated and we can say a bit angry, but at the same time totally convinced that this rig not only should run SRLE-LotD but that it "must" run SRLE-LotD, in fact I build this rig, among other things, to play with ease modded Skyrim.

Some question will come along, when time comes like, as probably anyone else, I would like to have this installation a bit "spiced" to may taste, for example, I am not so much "for the lookings" though I surely enjoy it, but I can trade a bit of it for content instead, with mods like Beyond the Reach or/and Summeset Island.

Also i like a bit more lively Skyrim, so trying not to abuse of it, and trade a bit for textures (I gonna go for "mostly" 1K textures/non-Enb" and install some of the "populated" series (not all of them, cities and prisons, the rest OBIS will take care of it, maybe populated forts too, will see)

But in any case, here i go, next uninstalling EVERYTHING (and take a look at that OC thing that i shouldn't be complicated)

See you soon

Good luck!  I know it can be frustrating trying to track down issues with such a heavily modded install.  I'd suggest re-starting with installing SRLE LotD as close as possible to what is in the guide.  You should be able to do it a lot quicker this time due to your experience with going through it before.  Once you've tested that and verified that it works ok, then go and customize it to your liking.  I say that because it is tempting (for me at least) to add my own list of desired mods early on before completing the guide or before testing it thoroughly.  If you do that, though, you never know if an issue is coming up due to the mods you added or whether it is due to an issue with the main installation based on the guide.  Always keep that complete SRLE LotD build as a separate profile in Mod Organizer and then create a custom profile for your specific mod additions and tweaks. 

See you soon

I can totally understand your frustration but starting from starch is probably the best way to go at this point.

Ok guys. thank you all for your support, I managed to OC my processor to 4'4Ghz that it is 1'1Ghz over base clock, not bad, and is perfectly stable. Curious, I have that motherboard that is flagged as fully OC-able and a K processor for almost two years but never dared to OC, now it is done.

I also reinstalled Skyrim and all the apps and running at 4'4Ghz, still with not mods whatsoever, the transition of LODs and draw of textures is very noticeable ,I post a couple of pictures, arriving at Gery Fort ( i believe that is the name,near Whiterun) before the draw of textures, you can notice the palisade and other "stuff", also the trees transition between tree lods and "real" trees it is...well that, a "pop"

https://imgur.com/a/ooif7

https://imgur.com/a/ccaM0

PD. To notice that i am playing/testing at 4K screen at 30HZ, but changing to 1440/1080 60HZ does not make any difference

Edited by richardo11

Ok guys. thank you all for your support, I managed to OC my processor to 4'4Ghz that it is 1'1Ghz over base clock, not bad, and is perfectly stable. Curious, I have that motherboard that is flagged as fully OC-able and a K processor for almost two years but never dared to OC, now it is done.

I also reinstalled Skyrim and all the apps and running at 4'4Ghz, still with not mods whatsoever, the transition of LODs and draw of textures is very noticeable ,I post a couple of pictures, arriving at Gery Fort ( i believe that is the name,near Whiterun) before the draw of textures, you can notice the palisade and other "stuff", also the trees transition between tree lods and "real" trees it is...well that, a "pop"

https://imgur.com/a/ooif7

https://imgur.com/a/ccaM0

PD. To notice that i am playing/testing at 4K screen at 30HZ, but changing to 1440/1080 60HZ does not make any difference

Playing full screen at a lower resolution than native actually decreases performance relative to the same resolution in borderless windowed  as you force an extra scaling step.  I'd recommend playing borderless windowed at whatever resolution you prefer.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Playing full screen at a lower resolution than native actually decreases performance relative to the same resolution in borderless windowed  as you force an extra scaling step.  I'd recommend playing borderless windowed at whatever resolution you prefer.

Bordeless window is set in BethINI and also one of the first install will be OneTweak, will see if that improves the issue, though it is pretty much one of the "permanents-no-matter-what" issue i then to have

go to BethINI -> View Distance -> Distant Object Detail and increase the distance on the lods if you think that pop in is too obvious

Yes, this is one of the thing I was just about to ask.

Ok finally after months of getting this to work only 1 small problem from start of game that i noticed, hadvar doesn't have his sword attached to his body it kinda floats on the side of the hip. any idea where i could start looking for fix? 

just going to quote this if anyone can help, otherwise I have 5more fps while playing in fullscreen then in windowed is that normal?