SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

because you need to check for the old guide.

There is a Warning at the beginning of the subguide that it links you to the old subguide. There you can see all refferences to BYS

That explains it - my links were crossing.   Just to confirm for the SEP 4 STABLE GUIDE I need to be using the CR V1.27 correct ?   

I think the poll results speak for themselves :P

I think things that require alot of effort should provide alot of benefit... RS Children requires alot of compatibility patches and potential troubleshooting for something that's a miniscule part of the game...  Rustic Children is a simple texture replacer that looks good enough and provides none of the headache.  Small feature; simple solution.

i don't really trust a vote with no comment... especially that there are dynamic IPs out there so multiple vote all the way... anyway even if i dont switch in the guide in my setup i already did.

We're a small community I don't think someone would bother cheating for a poll like that, I mean they can do this change for themselves if they are unhappy with RS :p

I think it's better that children have a more rough teenager look in skyrim, considering it's full of dangers, pretty much like guts in berserk.

Ok guys and girls. What do you think about the children mods? Should we keep the RS Childrem mod that is in SRLE base now https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55555/? or would you like to switch to Rustic Children https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63353/? ??

Keepin RSC will let you be closer to SRLE base and Neo's choice and let this guide be only an addon.

Switching to Rustic Children means there wont be the need to install all those patches and merge them like RSC and no more potato head bug.

Here is a poll. Please vote and comment. Thanks.

Edit: i had to redo the poll as that one allowed multiple votes. Please revote.

https://www.strawpoll.me/11185585

Personally I will be sticking with RS Children even if in the end it is decided to drop from the guide as not only does it work aesthetically with all the NPC Retexture (which of course I will be using) I prefer it and the need for a patch isn't that big of a deal really.

Now I agree RS Children is getting a bit long in the tooth I am secretly hoping that rxkx22 will eventually tackle Children but I doubt he ever will but we can live a dream.

i don't really trust a vote with no comment... especially that there are dynamic IPs out there so multiple vote all the way... anyway even if i dont switch in the guide in my setup i already did.

Hmmm, multiple voting would skew things I guess... but do people really care THAT much?  I know I submitted two votes (unintentionally) on the first poll but why would someone go through the trouble of purposefully rigging a straw poll for a skyrim guide?  Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Personally, I don't mind the added work required for RS Children. Sure it's a pain initially, but the patches don't require constant updating after setup so I don't really care. I also think RS Children fits nicely with the old NPC Retexture mods that were moved optional, and thats what I'm using.

On the other hand, I think Rustic Children fits slightly better with WSCO. Maybe move RS Children with the old optional NPC Retextures, and use Rustic for the WSCO version, since both aim to be more vanilla like and simpler.

Edited by howlingc

Thanks Paul,  'modify them yourself' lol easy for you to say.  I've come this far I guess it's time to figure out CR...  

Curious about CR V1.25 - It lists bring your silver merged.esp as a Master yet I don't see any reference to that esp in the CR subguide.  Why would it be a master then?.   Basic ? I know sorry.    Thanks 

Time will come, and is gonna be.....haaaaard, :)

Sorry if i keep pocking my nose, but i do not know if you are aware (so many mods).-

There is a patch Frostfall -iNEeed - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77126/?

and is up to date, aside of seeing to be useful... don't know... In fact is a patch both ways Frostfall-iNeed and iNeed-Frostfall that works separately or together

Edited by richardo11
  • +1 1

So 30 votes and only 2 comments on this.... nice. Anyway i will let the poll until monday.

RS Children look like human beings more in style with the NPC Optional setting of more realistic humans.

Rustic Children are odd looking alien potato heads with a makeover but very odd looking compared even with the vanilla characters

Just my opinion. ::):

I'll be using RS Children regardless of the end result. But it might be a good option for the guide for the users that want to keep it simple.

Edited by edynacio

Personally I will be sticking with RS Children even if in the end it is decided to drop from the guide as not only does it work aesthetically with all the NPC Retexture (which of course I will be using) I prefer it and the need for a patch isn't that big of a deal really.

Now I agree RS Children is getting a bit long in the tooth I am secretly hoping that rxkx22 will eventually tackle Children but I doubt he ever will but we can live a dream.

don't worry as it looks like we're keeping it,

I think the poll results speak for themselves [emoji14]

I think things that require alot of effort should provide alot of benefit... RS Children requires alot of compatibility patches and potential troubleshooting for something that's a miniscule part of the game... Rustic Children is a simple texture replacer that looks good enough and provides none of the headache. Small feature; simple solution.

I agree with jdsmith.

After all less patch = less esps = more mods can be added.