SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

There will be some internal conflicts... You should start out grabbing all the individual pieces listed in the guide.. I pasted them below..  Put them int hat order on the right side, load up XEDIT, right click select none... scroll down the list and enable just those patches.. hit ok...  Do whatever normal filtering you do for conflict resolution... then make sure you resolve the conflicts that exist within that set of patches.. Put the dbm_patches_cr esp you just made at the end of the list of patches then merge.

Alternatively... wait for sir jesto to update the pre-merged version.

Edit: looking at the list below... I think it is probably wrong... it should probably use the DBM_WAF_CCF_CCOR_Patch rather than the 3 individual ones... as that patch should already have resolved the conflicts between those three individual patches...

DBM_AOS_Patch.esp
DBM_CACO_Patch.esp
DBM_CRF_Patch.esp
DBM_DPA_Patch.esp
DBM_ESFCompanions_Patch.esp
DBM_ImmersiveHorses_Patch.esp
DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp
DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp
DBM_MoreInterestingLoot_Patch.esp
DBM_MAS_Patch.esp
DBM_MUS_Patch.esp
DBM_RSChildren.esp
DBM_SCRR_Patch.esp
DBM_Sofia_Patch.esp
DBM_WAA_Patch.esp
DBM_CCF_Patch.esp
DBM_WAFR Patch.esp
DBM_CCOR_patch.esp
TCIY-BCS Patch.esp

Edited by jdsmith2816

I just saw sirjesto updated the more interesting loot yesterday but the merged patch for LotD itself its not updated. I'm about to do an updated merge myself but I don't know the proper order for it.

A few days ago I updated the Requiem/MIL patch, not the MIL patch alone, so you're still good.

There will be some internal conflicts... You should start out grabbing all the individual pieces listed in the guide.. I pasted them below..  Put them int hat order on the right side, load up XEDIT, right click select none... scroll down the list and enable just those patches.. hit ok...  Do whatever normal filtering you do for conflict resolution... then make sure you resolve the conflicts that exist within that set of patches.. Put the dbm_patches_cr esp you just made at the end of the list of patches then merge.

Alternatively... wait for sir jesto to update the pre-merged version.

Edit: looking at the list below... I think it is probably wrong... it should probably use the DBM_WAF_CCF_CCOR_Patch rather than the 3 individual ones... as that patch should already have resolved the conflicts between those three individual patches...

DBM_AOS_Patch.esp

DBM_CACO_Patch.esp

DBM_CRF_Patch.esp

DBM_DPA_Patch.esp

DBM_ESFCompanions_Patch.esp

DBM_ImmersiveHorses_Patch.esp

DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp

DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp

DBM_MoreInterestingLoot_Patch.esp

DBM_MAS_Patch.esp

DBM_MUS_Patch.esp

DBM_RSChildren.esp

DBM_SCRR_Patch.esp

DBM_Sofia_Patch.esp

DBM_WAA_Patch.esp

DBM_CCF_Patch.esp

DBM_WAFR Patch.esp

DBM_CCOR_patch.esp

TCIY-BCS Patch.esp

The custom merged patch I made did indeed use the DBM_WAF_CCF_CCOR_Patch file instead of the three individual ones.

Thank you for clarifying. My OCD was kicking in yesterday to update it manually.

I'll make notes for this order in case I need it in the future.

So the DBM_WAF_CCF_CCOR_Patch should be placed on the original WAFR, CCF and CCOR to replace them right?

The best rule of thumb... order them alphabetically unless you already know in advance that the order matters.  Now, load just those patches up in xedit and filter for conflict losers.. check the patches you are merging if any are red check to see if the conflict is 'correct'.  If correct.. ignore...  If incorrect.. will swapping those two patches make the conflict 'correct' ?  If so.. swap...  Finally if still incorrect fix the offending record in a merge specific cr patch that you include as the last thing in your merge.

Does that make sense?

The best rule of thumb... order them alphabetically unless you already know in advance that the order matters.  Now, load just those patches up in xedit and filter for conflict losers.. check the patches you are merging if any are red check to see if the conflict is 'correct'.  If correct.. ignore...  If incorrect.. will swapping those two patches make the conflict 'correct' ?  If so.. swap...  Finally if still incorrect fix the offending record in a merge specific cr patch that you include as the last thing in your merge.

Does that make sense?

It never occurred to me to order them alphabetically. I always place them in the same order as the mods they're patching. I think I have a deep-seated need to overcomplicate things. LOL

The best rule of thumb... order them alphabetically unless you already know in advance that the order matters. Now, load just those patches up in xedit and filter for conflict losers.. check the patches you are merging if any are red check to see if the conflict is 'correct'. If correct.. ignore... If incorrect.. will swapping those two patches make the conflict 'correct' ? If so.. swap... Finally if still incorrect fix the offending record in a merge specific cr patch that you include as the last thing in your merge.

Does that make sense?

Yeah makes clear sense. Will do.

(Forgot to quote... Oops)

Hodegar:

Some of the merges are the same/re-used from SRLE but there's no harm simply deleting them and recreating them in your new profile if you want..

Perosnally all of my merges from SRLE base have "------- My Title Merged" as the pattern... SRLE LOTD is "++++ My Title Merged" and my personal ones are "==== My Title Merged"  In Merge Plugins Standalone merge list they're sorted SRLE Alpha then SRLE LOTD Alpha then Mine Alpha...

Note that that's SEVEN dashes... which due to my personal ocd.. makes the text line up with four + pluses and four = equals ;)

The naming scheme makes the merges stand out when looking at the left pane of MO and it also makes it easy to know whre it came from... It also makes it easy to find all merges since you can just type ---- into the search box for instance.

It never occurred to me to order them alphabetically. I always place them in the same order as the mods they're patching. I think I have a deep-seated need to overcomplicate things. LOL

Yeah, the only time the order actually matters is when the patches themselves conflict with each other.  In that case you want to make sure the correct patch wins the conflict.. or you want to create a patch that merges the conflicting records of the two patches..  In all other cases just listing them alphabetically makes things nice and simple.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Ive been using Verdant with imaxgrasstypes=15 and imingrasssize=90 for a while now and it looks great.  At that setting I didn't personally notice any performance impact at all, going to test now at 70 to check looks/performance but won't be able to do that until I can figure out how to make MIL not break MUS... even at bare minimum settings I'm still getting enchanted Elven/Glass/Ebony stuff showing up far too regularly (for my tastes at least).  Has anyone else noticed?  I thought to try to edit the levelled lists but I am a bit out of my depth there at the moment, and there is a LOT of stuff to go through.

Ive been using Verdant with imaxgrasstypes=15 and imingrasssize=90 for a while now and it looks great.  At that setting I didn't personally notice any performance impact at all, going to test now at 70 to check looks/performance but won't be able to do that until I can figure out how to make MIL not break MUS... even at bare minimum settings I'm still getting enchanted Elven/Glass/Ebony stuff showing up far too regularly (for my tastes at least).  Has anyone else noticed?  I thought to try to edit the levelled lists but I am a bit out of my depth there at the moment, and there is a LOT of stuff to go through.

Realistically what we've done here is pretty much counter to what MLU sets out to achieve... With all the things DBM gives you + all of the extra weapon/armor mods added in the balance MLU tries to achieve just isn't going to happen without someone creating a balance patch imo.  Maybe I'm totally wrong here but that's the conclusion I came to during the last SRLE LOTD play through I started.

I get that and that's one of the reasons I use the guide only as a reference for installation/mod suggestions and CR.  I wasn't really thinking of all the additional stuff you guys use that also sort of breaks MLU... I suppose I'll have to learn more about leveled lists or wait for Dreadflopp to include it, as I'm sure he'll want it better balanced.

Edited by baronaatista

I think the issue is broader than that if we really want something that feels balanced.  We're gonna need a balance patch that balances all of these additional weapons/armors/enchantments/recipes against themselves stat wise and then one that balances npc's against that... That's in addition to looking at leveled lists. It's definitely doable it's just a large undertaking.

That's not to say the game isn't playable and fun as it is... sinc eit most definitely IS.  I just want to go a step further ya know?

Edited by jdsmith2816