SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

hi guys.

thanks for updating your guide again.

i just,,,,, need some kind of way to see what is changed....

like what should i remove and what should i add.

looking at the guide i can see what should bee there NOW,, not what was there and need to be removed..

meaby its just me that cant see it the way you do.

any advice ?

cheers

Canadus

use this https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/Changelog_SRLE_LOTD

you will both find I have actually recommended the main file and not the optional navmeshed one. This was one Hishy Recommendation if you don't want to use you don't have it shoudln't break anything dropping it

My bad Darth. I was pretty sure I downloaded and installed v.1.6 whereas I must have installed 1.7.

Apologies for that.

P.S. v.1.6 still needs cleaning...5 ITMs ;)

hi guys.

thanks for updating your guide again.

i just,,,,, need some kind of way to see what is changed....

like what should i remove and what should i add.

looking at the guide i can see what should bee there NOW,, not what was there and need to be removed..

meaby its just me that cant see it the way you do.

any advice ?

cheers

Canadus

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn&action=history

Go there... start at the last time you updated and move forward one revision at a time making relevant changes.

Just a heads up of something I say on the main LOTD nexus thread...in case you weren't aware

bigdeano89 34 kudos 3562 posts

Well, I wish I had noticed the "immersion patch" for Moon and Star sooner, may have to start over just to stop that damn courier from immediately tracking me down before I have even reached Riverwood xD

Speaking of which, why on Earth is that not just the default for that mod, and does it affect support in Legacy Ice? Before I do something I might regret (It stops the mod from sending the courier until way of the voice is completed)

posted @ 22:22, 23 Aug 2016

premium

sirjesto 54 kudos 2527 posts

When using the immersive version with Legacy I NEVER had the courier show up, at least in my test playthrough, so I might use it at your own risk.

posted @ 22:28, 23 Aug 2016

supporter

Ah, thanks for letting me know SJ, a shame, it really should just be part of that mod instead of an optional extra.

posted @ 22:29, 23 Aug 2016

premium

Pickysaurus 0 kudos 82 posts

I've had two characters with the Immersion Patch, the first time the courier met me in Riverwood... this time I haven't had the note yet. What level does the immersion patch trigger it?

edit: Nevermind, read the mod page

Alternatively, you can download the optional Immersion Patch to prevent the courier from arriving until you have completed "The Way of the Voice." It also locks out the aforementioned dialog with the quest giver, keeping your immersion intact.

posted @ 23:40, 23 Aug 2016

premium

GameDuchess 46 kudos 1827 posts

That really is a shame. Guess I'll remove the immersion patch, but damn that courier showing up immediately in a playthrough is SO annoying.

posted @ 0:24, 24 Aug 2016

premium

icecreamassassin 263 kudos 14173 posts

Next time I have the legacy MAS patch opened I'll probably remedy that. Also using the immersive patch will most likely break the legacy MAS patch if loaded after the DBM_MAS patch because presumably they both edit the MAS main quest handler

posted @ 0:26, 24 Aug 2016

dbuzzyb 1 kudos 370 posts

I just dont open the letter until Im ready, the quest only triggers when you read it

posted @ 0:49, 24 Aug 2016

premium

Next time I have the legacy MAS patch opened I'll probably remedy that. Also using the immersive patch will most likely break the legacy MAS patch if loaded after the DBM_MAS patch because presumably they both edit the MAS main quest handler

This is exactly what happens. Incorporating the immersive patch into the Legacy Patch for MAS would be too cool actually.

posted @ 1:28, 24 Aug 2016

I'm getting some odd crashes in what is pretty much a basic SRLEX LOTD build before all the new landscape changes.  (I've added Memory Blocks Log, SafeAutoSave, QuickLoot, and a few followers).  Specifically, after starting in Solitude and puttering around a bit (getting 55-60 fps and only one CTD), I've grabbed a couple of followers, headed down to Dragon Bridge, and as soon as I entered the inn, I got a CTD, with Crash Fixes saying it failed to allocate enough memory.

I'm suspecting that the cause of this is a bad interaction between the SRLE instructions for setting Crash Fixes to use UseOSAllocators=1, while the SRLEX:LotD guide says to set the SKSE.ini to DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024, the way I always did before Crash Fixes existed.   Looking at MemoryBlocksLog, Skyrim simply isn't using it's old blocks - the biggest number I see is '85', rather than the constantly growing numbers I used to see - and if CrashFixes is using malloc rather than the old memory block pool, this is unsurprising.

However, as I understand it, the DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 line is *allocating* a full 1 gig of memory, which is not being used by Skyrim, and is thus unavailable to useOSAllocators=1.  And given that Skyrim is 32 bit with a 4Gig limit, I'm suspecting this is the source of my out-of-memory CTD.

So, could someone with a deeper understanding of these issues than me - or, who just has a working system - please tell me what setting to use so i *don't* run out of memory?  Are you guys using CrashFixes memory allocs, or the old SKSE heap?   I'm gonna experiment on my own, but I'd appreciate a discussion of this matter, and I suspect others would, too.

Edited by GalenZ

I play for hours and hours with no crashes on my setup and it's very... very.. memory hungry.

SKSE:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

CrashFixes:

[Patch]
UseOSAllocators=1
AlignHeapAllocate=1
CustomMemoryBlock=1
CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=128

I play for hours and hours with no crashes on my setup and it's very... very.. memory hungry.

CrashFixes:

[Patch]
UseOSAllocators=1
AlignHeapAllocate=1
CustomMemoryBlock=1
CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=128

Good to know.  Are you Win 7 or Win 10?  (I'm Win 10).  And where did you get info to set CustomMemoryBlock?  I don't see any mention of that in the SRLE or SRLEX:LotD install guides.

Edited by GalenZ

Good to know.  Are you Win 7 or Win 10?  (I'm Win 10).  And where did you get info to set CustomMemoryBlock?  I don't see any mention of that in the SRLE or SRLEX:LotD install guides.

well i use 96. When you enable custom memory block then after you open console ingame it shows you two blocks and the percent of which they are filled... so default is 64... increase little by little until you get into 80-90% on them. you should be fine then

Edited by paul666root

Just a heads up of something I saw on the main LOTD nexus thread...in case you weren't aware

Well, I wish I had noticed the "immersion patch" for Moon and Star sooner, may have to start over just to stop that damn courier from immediately tracking me down before I have even reached Riverwood xD

Speaking of which, why on Earth is that not just the default for that mod, and does it affect support in Legacy Ice? Before I do something I might regret (It stops the mod from sending the courier until way of the voice is completed)

posted @ 22:22, 23 Aug 2016

When using the immersive version with Legacy I NEVER had the courier show up, at least in my test playthrough, so I might use it at your own risk.

posted @ 22:28, 23 Aug 2016

Ah, thanks for letting me know SJ, a shame, it really should just be part of that mod instead of an optional extra.
posted @ 22:29, 23 Aug 2016

Pickysaurus 0 kudos 82 posts

I've had two characters with the Immersion Patch, the first time the courier met me in Riverwood... this time I haven't had the note yet. What level does the immersion patch trigger it?

edit: Nevermind, read the mod page

Alternatively, you can download the optional Immersion Patch to prevent the courier from arriving until you have completed "The Way of the Voice." It also locks out the aforementioned dialog with the quest giver, keeping your immersion intact.
posted @ 23:40, 23 Aug 2016

GameDuchess 46 kudos 1827 posts

That really is a shame. Guess I'll remove the immersion patch, but damn that courier showing up immediately in a playthrough is SO annoying.
posted @ 0:24, 24 Aug 2016

icecreamassassin 263 kudos 14173 posts
posted @ 0:26, 24 Aug 2016

dbuzzyb 1 kudos 370 posts
I just dont open the letter until Im ready, the quest only triggers when you read it
posted @ 0:49, 24 Aug 2016

This is exactly what happens. Incorporating the immersive patch into the Legacy Patch for MAS would be too cool actually.
posted @ 1:28, 24 Aug 2016

Edited by cccow