How exactly do we use Crash Fixes?

Can't edit, more double post yay.

I did the same test as Pretendeavor with the same results. I'm not sure if it's a problem with a Revisted Skeleton CTDing with an I.A mesh or if it's just I.A.

Either way...no CTD at my end. I'll get to have a wee drink and a smoke tonight so I can give it a proper...eh.. test. And by test hopefully play without anymore CTDs.

Thanks Pretendeavor for pointing over to NifHealer. It seems to have done the trick!

If some comments here are to be believed, the crash either doesn't occur 100% of the time or is specific for a certain combination of mods. OR perhaps it's MO's unpacking that does something with it, so that people who do not unpack the bsa don't have the problem.. Can anyone else using SR:LE or Extended confirm that this is actually a thing?

Oh and uncleseano, perhaps you should put a note in that reddit post that when people clean their IA with NifHealer, they should not use the 0 kb meshes of the seadog armor set bc NifHealer somehow can't handle those files (so the beyepatch*.nif files). I've noticed that some users there don't actually read this thread and are just looking for a fix..

If some comments here are to be believed, the crash either doesn't occur 100% of the time or is specific for a certain combination of mods. OR perhaps it's MO's unpacking that does something with it, so that people who do not unpack the bsa don't have the problem.. Can anyone else using SR:LE or Extended confirm that this is actually a thing?

Oh and uncleseano, perhaps you should put a note in that reddit post that when people clean their IA with NifHealer, they should not use the 0 kb meshes of the seadog armor set bc NifHealer somehow can't handle those files (so the beyepatch*.nif files). I've noticed that some users there don't actually read this thread and are just looking for a fix..

i'll take a look what armors are casuing the crash?

EDIT: This crash is totally repeatable even on level 1 character only affect females it occured on both the light and heavy varriations of the Dwarven Mage Armor for me. This was with an unpacked BSA will test with a packed one.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Guys just for the sake of clarity...u all use IA with UNP support as per the FOMOD installer, right?

Yeah, but I don't think it matters. The UNP Battlemage folder only contains dwarvenarmorf_0.nif and dwarvenarmorf_1.nif. To verify I tried using just the BSA without the UNP folder and the crashes still occured. Edit: Like Darth, I tried the packed bsa this time, while normally I let MO unpack. Didn't seem to matter.

Edited by Pretendeavor

I can confirm that the "Fixed NIF" from Pretendeavor fixes the CTD on the Dwarven Gauntlets whether it is packed in a BSA or not.

Edit: I am happy to add this to SRLE Extended crediting Horthtrooper as the orginal mod author with a special thanks to Pretendeavor and Uncleseano for figuring this out and fixing  if that is ok to all concerned?

Edited by Darth_mathias

Fine with me. It's just that I didn't really fix anything myself and just ran the nif through Nif Healer, perhaps its author should be credited but I'll leave that up to you.

Btw I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with my OneDrive links so it would be better for the guide if you uploaded it yourself somewhere I think

Edited by Pretendeavor

Fine with me. It's just that I didn't really fix anything myself and just ran the nif through Nif Healer, perhaps its author should be credited but I'll leave that up to you.

Btw I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with my OneDrive links so it would be better for the guide if you uploaded it yourself somewhere I think

Ok I will add it to my dropbox and all I will do is add something like "Special Thanks to Pretendeavor for the updated meshes" Or something like that but the author will be Hothtrooper as he is the orginal mod author.