How exactly do we use Crash Fixes?

Ok I will add it to my dropbox and all I will do is add something like "Special Thanks to Pretendeavor for the updated meshes" Or something like that but the author will be Hothtrooper as he is the orginal mod author.

Yea of course, with that I meant the author of Nif Healer but idk. Either way, I'm honored ::D:!

Hey Pretendeavor I update the reddit post and credited you properly. Sorry having not mentioned it earlier

k I will add it to my dropbox and all I will do is add something like "Special Thanks to Pretendeavor for the updated meshes"

Oooh got credited too, thanks!

*Yoink* Added to the main guide. :P

Also I would recommend teaching people how to use the NifHealer as I've also found a crash with Immerisve Creatures. There is a borked mesh with the Stone Goblins when they throw their 'stone projectiles' at you. Haven't bothered with the cleaner yet as it only happened once and I was too lazy to test it again ;Pbut just so you know....there are others....

Edited by uncleseano

Hey Pretendeavor I update the reddit post and credited you properly. Sorry having not mentioned it earlier

Don't worry about it I don't care so much about that. I was mostly worried people would not properly read the posts here and interpret things wrongly ::P:

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue as the OP, with the game crashing in the same spot every time. I've tried to use Crash Fixes to locate where the issue is but I've run into a problem. My game never CTDs. It just freezes and nothing responds except for a reset. When that happens, no Crash Fixes messages come up and I don't know where to look for the files causing the crash.

I've tried using Papyrus to log the issue but it doesn't seem to be writing anything to the log either.

Paul666root: It happens as I'm walking down the winding path between riverwood and whiterun.

Uncleseano: I can't alt+tab or alt+f4. When I ctrl+alt+del, it takes me to the blue screen but nothing responds on that screen either (mouse never pops up and keyboard doesn't work) except for another ctrl+alt+del.

I did some more testing to see if I could work out what was happening. I couldn't get crash fixes to give an error message (or even Papyrus to log anything) after that particular crash but I don't think it's a nif issue anymore. I say that because I brute forced my way through it by running each mod folder I have through the nifhealer and none of them came back with any issues. Originally, I had thought it was a nif issue and the crash happened when I entered a new cell and the game tried to load something broken. But knowing it wasn't that, I went back to see what would happen if I entered that cell from a different direction. So I circled around the point where the crash occurs, no crash. Then I tried walking through the point from the other direction, no crash! It only crashes when I walk downhill along the road from riverwood to whiterun. I am more confused than when I started, but I'm also keen to actually start playing the game proper so I think I'll just chalk this up to some mysterious mystery of the unknown and just play the game.