Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Okay, for the first time, I'm going to try to tackle the conflict resolution guide on my own, hoping to learn something in the process (as opposed to just letting smarter people than me figure it all out!) I just want to clarify something I find a tad confusing.

Where it says, "use the record from..." at first I thought that meant I was supposed to be keeping that record, but on closer inspection, I think it means that's the record I'll actually be editing (and therefore, I'll actually be "using" the record from the conflicting file)?

Let's begin with the first instruction ('cause I'm off to such a great start!): "Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp."

I *think* that's telling me to drag the "DefaultRace "Default Race" [RACE:00000019] from the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column into the Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp column, thus replacing the "Default Race "Argonian" [RACE:00013740] record contained in C&CF

I'm probably the only one that's befuddled by this, but "use the record" (to me) implies we'll be keeping this record (otherwise it would say "change the record"), but at the same time, "move the RNAM from RSChildren" implies we'll be altering the record we're supposed to be using. :o(

*sigh* Only 4000 more to go after this one. *LOL*

You should never modify a record in an esp directly when doing the CR. "Use the record from" means to copy that record into the new CR esp then make the specified edits in the new esp.

Edit: Apparently I was ninja'd. :)

Not sure if this should go here (though I don't know if it deserves its own thread either), but it seems that Dynamic Follower Dialogue - DFD has been hidden by the author for "reasons [of their] own."

If anyone knows of any alternatives, I'd appreciate the suggestions.

@$!#! $@$!#! $@$!#.... nuff said. God I hate mods disappearing at random.

Frankly, I have no idea whether I like it or not. I don't even know the difference between it and the default animations. Heck, I've never even played the game, beyond making it to Whiterun to turn in the Dragonstone. I can't believe I have 1008 hours logged, and aside from COC'ing here and there to look at the mods I've added (or, occasionally, created myself in the creation kit - moving things around to resolve location conflicts, mostly), I've never played the actual game. I just have this obsession with adding stuff that I'll probably never use to places I'll probably never visit to solve quests I'll probably never undertake, to reap rewards I'll probably never earn. Eventually, I add too much (or create a conflict I'm not smart enough to resolve) and the whole thing crashes, so I start completely over. My mod list is an even 700. The Merge Plugin Standalone thingie is both my best friend AND worst enemy.

But dang, the world looks fantastic.

(I'm pretty sure I need therapy).

1008 hours and you only made it that far? Imagine how much you spent modding your game. Makes you wonder how much of the 1 life you get, that you wasted sitting in front of a computer huh;)

Edited by Razorsedge877

Not sure here, I guess the mod has(had) been in my load order for so long that I can't remember seeing the following before.

For No Stretching

The Optional file: 'No Stretching Markath' - (Some small fixes for mountains and rocks in Markarth)

and

Miscellaneous file: 'Very small update' - (Small fixes for stockade in Whiterun, iron fence in Windhelm and rock in Solitude.)

These aren't needed ? Suppose they get overwritten anyways by Vivid Landscapes or one of the other mods later on in the loadorder.

Lets all calm down for a sec.  Maybe this author is updating it who knows.  I wouldn't rush to judgement on why the file is hidden just yet.

I hope so. Losing Wyrmstooth was pretty lame.

Although, if it turns out the mod is just getting updated, I'd still be pretty annoyed that the author decided to go with "reasons of my own," as the description.

No, "use the record from" means right-click the plugin name at the top of the right pane of xEdit and "copy as override". For the first one you do, you will want to create a new file (plugin). Name it whatever you want.

Also, make sure to sort masters on the patch(es) when you are done, and add DELEV and RELEV bash tags.

Thanks for this - I (think I almost) totally get it now. So, with regard to the whole "Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp" ​thing, I would do the following:

1) Right click on the Clothing & Clutter Fixes column, and "copy as override" into a new resolution patch of my own creation

2) Drag the RNAM line from the RSChildren column into the new resolution patch, replacing the RNAM record that was originally copied from Clothing & Clutter.

3) Move on to the next conflict! Lather, rinse, repeat.

Do I have that exactly right?

1008 hours and you only made it that far? Imagine how much you spent modding your game. Makes you wonder how much of the 1 life you get, that you wasted sitting in front of a computer huh;)

Yes! Crazy, right?

I suppose that's it's probably not as bad as it sounds. I mean, I've had the game since Christmas of 2011, so that's 4.5 years, which, when you break it down, means I've spent about 36 minutes a day, on average, doing something with Skyrim. And mostly, I do it late at night, when I can't sleep anyway.

The funny thing is that I was exactly the same way with Oblivion. A friend bought Skyrim for me because he knew I was modding Oblivion, and had never gotten it the way I wanted it (same scenario - add stuff till it breaks, then start over). I resisted installing it at first (determined to make Oblivion perfect, though, again, I never actually played the game much past Imperial City. Skyrim sat on the shelf, staring at me until I finally gave in. 

Did anybody else install the little snail racing mod for Oblivion?

*sigh* I really do need therapy! 

Yes! You have it very right!  ::):

Thanks! I'll get started!

I may be overlooking something, but In the conflict resolution guide, 0001ACCD Book2CommonGalerionTheMystic section, I don't see any conflict between Books of Skyrim and USLEEP.

Perhaps I'm blind. Or, perhaps I still don't quite know what I'm doing!

[Edit]

Also 0001AFE8 SkillConjuration2 and 0002F838 SkillEnchanting2

Edited by dstansberry

Thanks for this - I (think I almost) totally get it now. So, with regard to the whole "Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp" ​thing, I would do the following:

1) Right click on the Clothing & Clutter Fixes column, and "copy as override" into a new resolution patch of my own creation

2) Drag the RNAM line from the RSChildren column into the new resolution patch, replacing the RNAM record that was originally copied from Clothing & Clutter.

3) Move on to the next conflict! Lather, rinse, repeat.

Do I have that exactly right?

Took me awhile to figure that out also man!  Congrats.

I just hit 2003 hours, and I still  have neither finished the main quest in it's entirety, nor completed Dawnguard or Dragonborn.  Damn Modding Community!!! LoL

I may be overlooking something, but In the conflict resolution guide, 0001ACCD Book2CommonGalerionTheMystic section, I don't see any conflict between Books of Skyrim and USLEEP.

Perhaps I'm blind. Or, perhaps I still don't quite know what I'm doing!

[Edit]

Also 0001AFE8 SkillConjuration2 and 0002F838 SkillEnchanting2

Could be out of date with some USLEEP fixes, I'll check it out.

Alas, I'm stuck again.

In the dialog topic section, there are several instances in which we're to use a topic from Guard Dialogue Overhaul. Unfortunatlely, I don't find those topic contained within GDO.

Here are a couple:

0002BDDD > 000D5E9B

0002BDDD > 000D5EC0

0002BDDD > 000DD09C 

Now, if I look up 0002BDDD inside ULSEEP and select the corresponding 000D5E9B, a GDO topic does appear, but it's not listed as coming from 0002BDDD, so I'm stumped.

Edited by dstansberry