Better Ember

Deathwing514

Dear Step Community,

I believe I have found a gem of a mod called Better Embers https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23352

By looking at the screenshots on his page, one can clearly see the detail on the embers which looks more realistic compared to that of realistic smoke and embers mod.

Do you guys believe this will be a contender for the next STEP? Let me know in the comments below =)

I have been using this mod in my personal build for awhile now' date=' they do look better (less of the purple haze).[/quote']

I have been using most of your suggested mods Neovalen and often wonder why they are not in S.T.E.P.  I suggest everyone should have a look at his personal mods (WIP) page linked in his signature, they are very good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After comparing the two, I wound up using only gradhotcoals.dds and fxembers.dds from Better Embers and the rest from Realistic Smoke and Embers. That said, the difference between the two embers is more of a personal thing than a matter of one being better than the other.

Its almost identical (based off said mod) without the haze.

It IS identical to Realistic Smoke and Embers. Moder's quote: "Based on vanilla textures and some files from the mod Better Smoke and Embers: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/836"

The only change he made is too the fxember.dds file, and all he did was combine the ash01_g and fxember together.

"*** Another one of my Steam workshop files, now shared here on the nexus." ('nuff said)