Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

Hello! Long time Mod Organizer user here! I want to check out version 2, in particular for FO4 but also for the other games (shared mode). Does anyone know what I have to do to reset MO so that it asks me again at launch which games I want to manage with it? I can't find the file that stores this data and MO doesn't ask me again, even after re-install.

Hello! Long time Mod Organizer user here! I want to check out version 2, in particular for FO4 but also for the other games (shared mode). Does anyone know what I have to do to reset MO so that it asks me again at launch which games I want to manage with it? I can't find the file that stores this data and MO doesn't ask me again, even after re-install.

"Shared mode"? Don't know what you are referring to with that. MO works for whichever game it is installed for. Just install another instance and upon running it for the first time it asks which game, assuming they are registered correctly, to manage.

MO Alpha 4 is no finally able to start for me, but the mod installation doesn't work. F4Edit finds the ESPs. Pressing the 'sort'-button in MO, LOOT crashes with return value 1. Starting LOOT from the executables menu, LOOT starts normally but finds only Fallout4.esm. Starting the game, there are no mods. It sounds similar to what a note in Bodyslide tells, that MO doesn't let Bodyslide know about the virtual file structure.

Does anybody have a clue? Is a bug in MO, or is there something I can do about this?

Is it possible to launch 2 instances of MO at the same time somehow? When it try to do so it gives me "An instance of Mod Organizer is already running" even though i'm trying to run a completely different copy of the app from a different folder

See answer on the Nexus page.

Interesting day today. I went to play FO4 today and nothing would launch from MO2a4. F4SE, Fallout launcher, LOOT, Xedit and the game itself gave the same error, the executable has stopped working. I had played all day yesterday without a problem. I shut off the computer for the night and there weren't any Windows update messages.

Switching to Skyrim worked fine and SKSE launched the game without any problems.

I decided the while my fallout was borked I would take the time to rearrange some folders to support a centralized MO install. I uninstalled MO and reinstalled it after a system reboot. I started MO and pointed the paths to the new folders in settings. Still none of the FO4 programs would launch.

Then I remembered a few days ago I had updated my video drivers and had a lockup of the installer at the end of the install and could not get the program to close without using task manager. This time I downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia instead of letting Geforce experience do it. By the way Geforce experience showed the most current driver was installed. I ended up doing a clean install of the driver to get rid of all files and settings that may have accumulated over time.

I am happy to report that everything is now working fine, go figure.

How much of Mod Organizer 2 works or can be used for FO4? Are you able to launch with F4SE thru  MO2a4 and does it matter if MO2a4 closes when the game is activated because there isn't a box to check anymore. Are you able to use the download option yet?

@ bitdman, you should be comfortable in testing MO and not worry if your game implodes. Reporting MO bugs should be the primary focus with the alpha releases. That being said what you mention mostly work. The things that don't work is the overwrite folder, profiles and local savegames are not fully working also. Check out the issues on Github to see more.

Ok so I've played though the FO4 vanilla, and I'm ready to mod up the game. I've followed STEP and have experiance with the 32 bit MO, and loved its features. I'd like to help with MO2. I've looked at the issue tracker, and it looks a jumble mess to me. Does Tannin have any specific features he is working on now and would like testing and feedback? Also, does he have a roadmap or listing of planned features and functionality that we might review?

I ask not as a critic, but bucause I want to offer constructive feedback and not contribute to chaos. (ie: it is pointless to me to offer feedback that the overwrite folder isn't working if he hasn't implemented it yet). but it would be nice to know what is planned, and of that what is implemented and what has yet to be. If such documents exist, I apologize for my ineptitude in finding them.

Edited by jc1ward

Ok so I've played though the FO4 vanilla, and I'm ready to mod up the game. I've followed STEP and have experiance with the 32 bit MO, and loved its features. I'd like to help with MO2. I've looked at the issue tracker, and it looks a jumble mess to me. Does Tannin have any specific features he is working on now and would like testing and feedback? Also, does he have a roadmap or listing of planned features and functionality that we might review?

I ask not as a critic, but bucause I want to offer constructive feedback and not contribute to chaos. (ie: it is pointless to me to offer feedback that the overwrite folder isn't working if he hasn't implemented it yet). but it would be nice to know what is planned, and of that what is implemented and what has yet to be. If such documents exist, I apologize for my ineptitude in finding them.

Welcome to STEP @jc1ward

The GitHub issue tracker may look like a "jumbled mess" but is actually a very useful tool in seeing what are current issues. Familiarise yourself with how to search it and you will quickly see all you need to know about the current 'plan of attack'.

My advice to you is: just install it and see what hits and what misses. If something looks wrong, search for that issue and add anything you notice that might help.

@GrantSP, Thanks for the welcome. I have actually been here a while, kind of like the quite one in the corner observing and learning.

I've had MO2a4 installed a couple of weeks now. Have, had very little in the way of problems. FO4Edit works fine for me through MO2a4. I can get LOOT to work most of the time, though I've noticed the mod order sometimes revert to a different order, not sure if it is a MO2 thing or a LOOT thing, nor have I figured out why, yet. But, FO4Edit will squawk if certain mod are in the wrong order.

Anyway, I'll ping the issue tracker like you said.

Edited by jc1ward