SRLE Extended

Is anyone playing as a mage? I am and im having some real troubles staying alive, can i get some tips? I find that my follower can kill much easier than me (I'm lvl 11) and i was just wondering if maybe it gets better as i advance up the skill trees and level up? Oh and levling up takes a lot more time than vanilla :D Oh and i LOVE SRLE Extended

I play a heavy armored battle mage argonian specializing in bound sword and fire i usually take 3 followers along to soak up damage a aggro while i fire death from above or get the boudn sword out  hack and slash when in trouble. Toccata is you friend don't forget her ever and don't just run in to a cave you will be killed chuck in a familiar so they get a bit a aggro first. 

I play a heavy armored battle mage argonian specializing in bound sword and fire i usually take 3 followers along to soak up damage a aggro while i fire death from above or get the boudn sword out  hack and slash when in trouble. Toccata is you friend don't forget her ever and don't just run in to a cave you will be killed chuck in a familiar so they get a bit a aggro first. 

Oh i never thought of having a mage with armor! That's awesome, Thanks!

Oh i never thought of having a mage with armor! That's awesome, Thanks!

the inspiration for my build came from fuggetmuppet's Bonescale build:

I just tweaked a bit.

one other thing with Weapons and Armor Attributes heavy armor can be a bit of handicap early game really slowing you down.

yes the CR has been updated for latest version of Bijin wives and warmaidens, and i removed Thunderchild dependency

What was removed related to thunderchild and what have changed from the last cr you made darth?

I've just tested everything and faendal is butt naked on my mine, and I looked into his record asis didn't forward his armor which is weird, I do have rerun asis and dsr before testing.

One more thing is it just me or aela the huntress mouth is not moving when she speaks? Can't seem to find a solution for this one since idk where to start

That's the issues I just found in 15 minutes quick testing.

Edited by reddvilzz

I think I recall the Bijin Warmaidens mod author mentioning that you could try Female Facial Animation (already in SRLE:E) to fix that.  I haven't had problems with it but one thing I noticed is that there is some new dialogue added by ESF: Companions that doesn't have any voice to it - that might have something to do with it.

I did my own custom conflict resolution for Aela by using the ESF: Companions record, and just copying over default outfit, head parts, lighting, tint masks, etc from Bijin.  Keep in mind that some of the visual records that ESF: Companions has for Aela should be deleted.  Just look through the Aela the Huntress NPC Actor record and make sure your CR override has all the functional stuff from ESF: Companions and the visual stuff from Bijin.  I'm at work now so I can't quite look in the TES5Edit records myself, but that may be something you want to check out. 

ESF: Companions does add unscripted dialogue so there are points where the companions will speak but won't talk. yiu need to make sure subtitles are on.

also the spells and magic effect sections were removed then esp "clean masters" to remove thunderchild dependency.

If i find some time i will look at updating the CR sub guide (Oh joy of joys hehehe)

Edited by Darth_mathias

Darth,

While you're at it:

Block 6\ Sub-Block 7 \ 0001B08D <IvarsteadVilemyInn> \ Persistent \ 00064621 Placed NPC <Derkeethus> "Derkeethus"

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from Darkwater Crossing.esp then move Data - Flags from Inigo.esp
  • Problem Resolved: Changes from Darkwater crossing and Inigo needed to be merged.

I noticed that conflict resolution needs a little love.  It's just a typo but had me scratching my head for a good 30 seconds while I was following your guide.  :)  0001B08D is the correct ID that needs to be changed, rather than 00064621.  00064621 corresponds to the record listed immediately above in the CR guide, concerning a bed.  And also, I don't think there are Data - Flags for that record, I think it was Record Flags that needed to be moved from Inigo to the CR override.  

Hope this helps!  Thank you for all of your hard work.

Edited by Dresner

Darth, ever think of adding instructions to optimize Helgen Reborn, like Neo does with Falskaar (and Wyrmstooth when it was still in the guide)?

From the DDSopt Skyrim Guide, it looks like it is a prime candidate for optimization.

yeah I could it's not been high on my priority list to sort out thou. maybe I'll add for my Legacy guide.

Darth,

While you're at it:

Block 6\ Sub-Block 7 \ 0001B08D <IvarsteadVilemyInn> \ Persistent \ 00064621 Placed NPC <Derkeethus> "Derkeethus"

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from Darkwater Crossing.esp then move Data - Flags from Inigo.esp
  • Problem Resolved: Changes from Darkwater crossing and Inigo needed to be merged.

I noticed that conflict resolution needs a little love.  It's just a typo but had me scratching my head for a good 30 seconds while I was following your guide.  :)  0001B08D is the correct ID that needs to be changed, rather than 00064621.  00064621 corresponds to the record listed immediately above in the CR guide, concerning a bed.  And also, I don't think there are Data - Flags for that record, I think it was Record Flags that needed to be moved from Inigo to the CR override.  

Hope this helps!  Thank you for all of your hard work.

yeah the CR sub guide has been neglected for a while updating it is not a task I overly enjoy doing but I will look at giving a bit of love.

Edited by Darth_mathias

ESF: Companions does add unscripted dialogue so there are points where the companions will speak but won't talk. yiu need to make sure subtitles are on.

also the spells and magic effect sections were removed then esp "clean masters" to remove thunderchild dependency.

If i find some time i will look at updating the CR sub guide (Oh joy of joys hehehe)

I just met her actually when she is fighting the giant, after the giant died and she speaks about "thanking me" for my help if I recall correctly that part isn't that vanilla part?

Were there any conflict related to thunderchild at first so that it can be ended up as a master for CR? Didn't noticed at all

@Dressner I have the female facial animation and also darth's CR because I followed his guide completely so I don't think there will be any problem like that, not sure though maybe I'll check in xEdit

Edited by reddvilzz

Hello!

I made an account with hopes of a little guidance before I undertake a multi-day modding experience.

Currently installed is the standard Skyrim Revisited loadout by Neovalen. However, this is quite dated. I would like to start from scratch to ensure it is all up-to-speed and to also add-on

this extended version.

My question...s... :D

1.) What is the best approach for order here? In the guide it says install the standard Revisited first, make sure it works. But than I notice in the guide it lists some of the same mods already installed. and merges that take other merges into account, IE if I did the first guide I'd have some merges with mods ABC, than in extended it might want me to than merge BCXY, or ABCD...

Just looking for a good explanation from some of you modders on how you tackled this in a logical step-by-step manner ensuring you didn't have to back-peddle too much. Thank-you very much, seriously!

::D:

Hello!

I made an account with hopes of a little guidance before I undertake a multi-day modding experience.

Currently installed is the standard Skyrim Revisited loadout by Neovalen. However, this is quite dated. I would like to start from scratch to ensure it is all up-to-speed and to also add-on

this extended version.

My question...s... :D

1.) What is the best approach for order here? In the guide it says install the standard Revisited first, make sure it works. But than I notice in the guide it lists some of the same mods already installed. and merges that take other merges into account, IE if I did the first guide I'd have some merges with mods ABC, than in extended it might want me to than merge BCXY, or ABCD...

Just looking for a good explanation from some of you modders on how you tackled this in a logical step-by-step manner ensuring you didn't have to back-peddle too much. Thank-you very much, seriously!

::D:

You need to be looking at Skyrim Revisited: LEGENDARY EDITION.... not the original Skyrim Revisited. :)

Ah, the man himself! Thank-you for a quick reply.

I didn't realize you did both SR & SRLE (and they were separate things), I meant the one with the link you posted good sir!

I just wasn't sure if the best approach was to install your legendary edition, than extended, or follow the extended integrating guide, and sort of alt-tab between the three pages as you go step-by-step.

Three Pages = SRLE // SRLE EXTENDED // Integrating SRLE

It seems you could use "SRLE BASE" and then just check with the SRLE Extended Integrating page as you go along to ensure nothing is different (no changes to merge, mod add/removals)

But I think there's an easier way to do this... (@)_(@) lol

You need to be looking at Skyrim Revisited: LEGENDARY EDITION.... not the original Skyrim Revisited. :)

Edited by Whiskey990