graison500

Help with ENBoost settings

Question

I have a question, I am playing Skyrim on a computer I built using an Evga SR-2 motherboard with 2 Xeon 6 core cpu's and 24 gigs of ram, both cpu's are water cooled and my video card is a gigabyte G1 GTX 970 with 4 gigs.

The question is, since both cpu's have their own memory controller and each bank of memory associated with each cpu has 12 gigs of ram installed, do I use 24 gigs when configuring the memory portion of enblocal.ini or just 12.

My enboost version is 279 and I use the wrapper version.

I am running 315 total mods of which 247 are esp files.

Since I started using enboost I have had a rock solid game, I have been playing Skyrim since amazon allowed preorders. I just want to make sure that I am maximizing my game properly.

If this is not the proper place to ask this please let me know.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I don't think it really matters because the relevant setting in enblocal.ini should be set to Total Available Video Memory - 170 for Windows 7 or -350 for Windows 8 or later if you using a 64-bit operating system with 8GB or more RAM.

Guide:ENlocal INI/Memory

ENBoost

I'm not sure how enboost would share between two MCs I'd just set it to 8GB and be done with it you probably won't need anymore than that with 4GB VRAM.