FCO and NVR3 (supposed) issues

Pandore

Question

HI there,

Reporting some issues that I have with the game, at the Character Creation. I know some of the issues were reported somewhere but can't find something that make it work for me. So, characters have double/triple iris but not with what seems default eyes (Green, Blue, Brown ect., the simple one). I don't know if I have to enable, disable the FCO esm and esp, because it says it on the Nexus page of NVR3 but it didnt change anything ... I'll take photos of all the issues tomorrow I think, but if someone has already an idea ...

Plus a question : if I want to add cazys hair at all the races added by FCO, how do I do that ?

Thank you kind people :)

10 answers to this question

Hi !

Probably need the Eyes tag when running the Bashed Patch. Check in Wrye Flash if FCO and NVR3 have the tag and if not then add it manually by right clicking the bottom right box where the tags are listed while that plugin is loaded.

I tried it, but didnt fixed it (first photo) ... I have other problems too :

- when i hit F12 for screenshots (steam), it does that strange thing where all is transparent (see photo 2 and 4) ... About 5 sec later it's gone oO

- Plus, there is strange aura around hair and face character (third photo).

- And another question : is that cubes on the HUD are normal ? Here some photos for you to understand

Edited by Pandore

If you mean the yellow cube no that's not normal. I'd almost suspect your monitor cause it's in the same place every time.

The third photo looks fine to me, but that's very likely cause in taking the shot you turned your ENB off with F12. But I think I know what you mean and if I'm correct it's essentially an Engine fault. It can be fixed by installing the ENB Hair Meshes option in FCO.

Double iris': NVR3 is clashing with FCO. Open up NVR3 in MO and go to the "Conflicts" tab. Hide any file in the upper box that has the words "FCO" in it. 

Transparent/See Through Objects: Disable the Steam Overlay. It is incompatible with ENB and you don't need it anyway. ENB has its own screenshot feature. 

"Strange Aura": This is an issue with ENB and the game engine and cannot be completely fixed; even with said ENB Hair Mesh options. What you are seeing is the Mesh's Alpha Channel. 

Cube: I am not so sure actually. :\

• +1 1

Hey i noticied your running a non english version of fnv that may create issues with mods that are made with the english version of the game due to having different formids while i dont know if it could cause the problems you are having it may be something to look into in fnvedit incase if fco or nvr3 are causing the issues

here is more information here

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1588819-non-english-user-running-english-mods-english-creator-making-non-english-translations-read-this/

Edited by slayer80

While I really think NVR3 is a good mod, I just plain don't use it due to the vast amount of issues it causes. It conflicts with other mods such as: Type 3 Body, Robert's Male Body, Interior Lighting Overhaul, Spice of Life, and of course mods like FCO. No matter how many proper tags you add, a bashed patch isn't going to fix all of these issues. I hate to say it but this mod will be a bit of a mess until proper compatibility patches are made. :\

Edited by Audley

If you mean the yellow cube no that's not normal. I'd almost suspect your monitor cause it's in the same place every time.

The third photo looks fine to me, but that's very likely cause in taking the shot you turned your ENB off with F12. But I think I know what you mean and if I'm correct it's essentially an Engine fault. It can be fixed by installing the ENB Hair Meshes option in FCO.

Yeah I mean that cube and in some views one blue cube in the top left corner ... It seems that the yellow one replace the cursor and the blue some part of the hub, that's strange .... How do I fix that ? ôo

Double iris': NVR3 is clashing with FCO. Open up NVR3 in MO and go to the "Conflicts" tab. Hide any file in the upper box that has the words "FCO" in it. 

Transparent/See Through Objects: Disable the Steam Overlay. It is incompatible with ENB and you don't need it anyway. ENB has its own screenshot feature. 

"Strange Aura": This is an issue with ENB and the game engine and cannot be completely fixed; even with said ENB Hair Mesh options. What you are seeing is the Mesh's Alpha Channel. 

Cube: I am not so sure actually. :\

For the conflict tab I'm trying that right away, I'll tell you if it works ...

I had the double iris thing as well. Deleting NVR3 completely sorted the problem, so it was indeed a conflict with that mod, as Audley said.

Btw, I deleted NVR3 because I like the skins from FCO much better. Personal taste and all that.

While I really think NVR3 is a good mod, I just plain don't use it due to the vast amount of issues it causes. It conflicts with other mods such as: Type 3 Body, Robert's Male Body, Interior Lighting Overhaul, Spice of Life, and of course mods like FCO. No matter how many proper tags you add, a bashed patch isn't going to fix all of these issues. I hate to say it but this mod will be a bit of a mess until proper compatibility patches are made. :\

I think if I dont get the game to work I'll delete NVR3 too ...

Hey i noticied your running a non english version of fnv that may create issues with mods that are made with the english version of the game due to having different formids while i dont know if it could cause the problems you are having it may be something to look into in fnvedit incase if fco or nvr3 are causing the issues

here is more information here

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1588819-non-english-user-running-english-mods-english-creator-making-non-english-translations-read-this/

I thought of that too, but it seems diffcult to fix ... :(

So :

- The eye glitch has disappeared when I hide the conflicts with FCO, ty Audley !

- Have another problem with eyelashes ... See first photo. Is that ENB ?

- Then more photos of the cube problem ... I really think it's the UI/HUD (other cubes appears when I put the "yellow cube cursor" on something) but I dont know how to fix it ... Is that a language problem ? A font problem ? Maybe the writting of the HUD is not displaying properly but I don't know why ...

Please help :( (again)

PS : maybe you want me to create another topic on that particular weird problem ?

(had to cut pictures because dont have enough upload space ...)

PS n°2 : MO said that error thing maybe ... ?

DEBUG (23:43:19.0602): remove mod file D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
INFO (23:43:19.0602): deleting D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:43:19.0677): using path from previous deletion: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:43:19.0677): remove mod file D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp.tmp
ERROR (23:43:19.0677): not a mod directory: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:43:19.0724): move (ex) D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp.tmp to D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp - 1 (183)
DEBUG (23:43:19.0724): handle opened with backup semantics: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:43:19.0770): get file attributes: C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Fear and Loathing\plugins.txt: 20
DEBUG (23:43:19.0770): get file attributes: C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Fear and Loathing\plugins.txt: 20

Edited by Pandore

I think you may be correct about an issue with your UI.

Probably best to make a UI specific thread so others might have a better of chance of seeing any answers if it is labelled as such.

First thing I would check is the DarnUI font section in the [Fonts] section of the INI. Go over that section of the guide again.