Sign in to follow this  
navuhodonosor

To be on the safe side with my save game.

Question

Hi all! I used STEP from the beginning and it is really great. But somehow i ended up loosing my saves due to windows installation or my pc being broken. Finally i started to backup saves so now I managed to find a backup of my old save on my dropbox. It is version STEP v2.2.1 and now I want to install Skyrim again.

So, do I need to clean my save game or I just can follow the guide to STEP installation?

Thx for your time. :;):

3 answers to this question

Uh tbh I'd never play a save you don't have the exact versions of the mods you used or at least had the clean uninstall instructions for. I'd just start a new STEP install and make a fresh save.

^That, pretty much. I know it'll be a bit of work but will work better in the long run.

Ok. thx guys. I was hoping to use this save because I can not find all the mods from that STEP version. guess it is the best to keep mods on local hard drive and keep them until finish the game. I have bunch of hours in that save and max leveled archer but I guess it is all over again  ::D:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Johans
      Most mods contain the Worldspace entry and the sub record Tamriel is marked always in red.
      How to deal with this issue? Is it an issue at all?
      What would you suggest if this record is not important: delete it ?
      (I guess no good idea, there might be a reason why this record is there if the Ck didn't add it simply by default and the modder didn't care about at the end)
      Or ignoring it? Or create a bashed patch and forget it?

A second minor question related to cleaning records is: why should we clean mods one by one (remove identical to master / remove references) and not in the same session? All well written guides discourage to clean more than one mod at session..
    • By Tungdil2
      Dear STEP-Team,

Currently, I am trying to set up S.T.E.P., but I have some questions:Sometimes there is an extra step, stating that a mod should be enabled in MO2 (ex.: Step 2 - MO2 Config - Tool Setup 3.). However, for most of the mods, that step is not mentioned (ex. Step 4 - Extenders - SKSE64). Does this mean that I always have to enable mods unless stated otherwise? The Dawnguard manual cleaning procedure: What does "Dawnguard.esm header" mean (7. and 9.) - the "Record Header"-panel or the "[02] Dawnguard.esm"-panel (which deletes the whole Dawnguard CWGuard Template)? Thank you very much I Iove your project, keep it up!
    • By Liraeli
      Hi, I've just run into an issue while following the STEP guide, wanted to know if anyone with more knowledge could clear it up?

Earlier in the guide, I opted to skip this step, under Tool Setup. 

(optional) Some people like to place tools like xEdit that output files into mod listings rather than the default Overwrite folder. Note that, like Overwrite, these 'mods' do not need to be ticked in the MO left pane. The optional steps to do this are indicated below:
      (optional) On the MO window, click the Open list options button at the top of the left pane, next to the profile selection drop-down. (optional) Choose Create empty mod, name it xEdit Output, and click 'OK'.  
      Later on in the guide, having optionally not set up xEdit Output, the guide asks this, under Moving the Cleaned Files

Cleaned Masters
      In MO, hold Ctrl and double-click on the Cleaned Vanilla Masters mod listing to open its mod folder. Now open a new Explorer window and navigate to the Skyrim Special Edition Data directory (e.g. ../Modding/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data) Cut and paste the four cleaned master files from Data to the Cleaned Vanilla Masters folder. In MO, hold Ctrl and double-click on the SSEEdit Output mod listing to open its mod folder.  
      Now, I have no way to go through with this step, not marked (optional), so I'm at a standstill. Can someone help me? I'm not sure if I have to go back and make that xEdit Output file, and if so, how to move the edits i've already made while cleaning the master files to the new output folder