So I found this Step Skyrim Special Edition guide after installing a bunch of mods and following youtube and other websites guides and advice, needless to say there are some things in the STEP guide that wasnt covered by other sources. Now Im encountering an issue that is explicitly covered in the guide, but doesnt have a remedy for the situation. The situation at hand occured when i cleaned the master files of the game using SSEEdit (xedit), I havent launched the game with mods yet besides the initial vanilla steam game to get the base reference files. After I cleaned the masters the overwrite button in mod list window of MO2 appeared with the folder "SSEEdit Backups" shown. In the Step guide it refers to this issue saying- "Overwrite at the bottom of the MO mod list (left) pane id previous instructions were NOT followed!)"... My question is, since I have this problem already, how do i fix it? (See Pics for ref)

Screenshot 2022-02-25 160837.jpg

30 minutes ago, Ricemachine88 said:

So I found this Step Skyrim Special Edition guide after installing a bunch of mods and following youtube and other websites guides and advice, needless to say there are some things in the STEP guide that wasnt covered by other sources. Now Im encountering an issue that is explicitly covered in the guide, but doesnt have a remedy for the situation. The situation at hand occured when i cleaned the master files of the game using SSEEdit (xedit), I havent launched the game with mods yet besides the initial vanilla steam game to get the base reference files. After I cleaned the masters the overwrite button in mod list window of MO2 appeared with the folder "SSEEdit Backups" shown. In the Step guide it refers to this issue saying- "Overwrite at the bottom of the MO mod list (left) pane id previous instructions were NOT followed!)"... My question is, since I have this problem already, how do i fix it? (See Pics for ref)

Screenshot 2022-02-25 160837.jpg

See the Tools Setup part of the guide to get the tools shown properly configured in MO. Then you should be cleaning with xEditQuickAutoClean rather than xEdit if that is what you used.

If you follow these instructions, your SSEEdit Backups folder will be in an xEdit Output mod instead of Overwrite ... but it doesn't really matter.

If you want to replicate this from your current circumstance, right click the Overwrite and select "Create mod...", and call it xEdit Output. Position this mod just after the vanilla game files. SSEEdit Backups contains all of the plugin files you have modified with xEdit or any other xEdit based mod to which you direct the output likewise. These are just the vanilla files in your case, and these were replaced by the 'cleaned ones'.

To start over, copy these plugins back into your Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder and rename them to replace the cleaned ones and use xEditQuickAutoclean instead. If you are doing the vanilla files, you may as well do all the CC files reported by LOOT as well