v1.3.5 Run and Shortcut buttons Too Narrow?

Polykobus

Question

So, I just updated MO from v.1.3.4 to v1.3.5 using the installer and noticed the width of the Run and Shortcut buttons to be too narrow. Wanna know if anyone else is having this problem or if it's just me. This isn't exactly a issue critical to the functionality of MO, but it's there. Getting the same thing across stylesheets as well, so it's not a padding thing. Here's a image of the problem:

QHdoZk5.png

Update: Relaunching MO seems to have fixed the issue for now. I guess this is like the progress bar getting stuck sometimes.

https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1175

Edited by DoubleYou

8 answers to this question

Yeah there is some sort of issue, minor as it is, with the UI elements. If you change the style to none the UI gets reverted to how it should be but selecting any of the *.qss styles forces this odd look to the buttons. Removing the style and then restarting it fixes it but I can't get the correct sized buttons with any of the styles.

I'm not sure why this is tbh. It may be a bug in the newer qt version (1.3.5 now comes with qt 5.4.1) because the dark.qss hasn't changed at all nor has the ui code (afaik).

I also haven't found a way to fix this in the qss. I can increase the margin of course but the text still remains cropped.

The problem seems to be caused by the new stylesheet included in v1.3.5, dracula.qss. Switching to it causes the Run and Shortcut buttons to change width and become too narrow but switching back to the default style or another stylsheet doesn't change the width back. 

Will be fixed in the next release. Basically for reasons I don't understand, setting "min-width" causes this problem, basically minimizing the button size to barely fit the test and then deducing space for the down-arrow.

The fix (the only one I found) was to remove all "min-width" statements and use padding to keep icon-only button from becoming tiny.