Grassias Fixas (Ruffled Feather) by SparrowPrince

0107uzb.gif

03qsu1v.gif

04fbujx.gif

05yhun6.gif

06souj9.gif

07hzu0a.gif

02itu20.gif

I doubt you need to know which is which as vanilla textures are clearly visible. I did this as more people seem to be asking me about it, so here is all the leg work. Game is at vanilla

with only offical and unofficial patches active. No BS.

Link to Ruffled Feather:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13268/

Notes: There is an optional file available with more overgrown grass details around the cobbles if you prefer. It will eventually go into the main file, but not yet as I will get screamed at

for doing yet another update. Walls may look similar to Bethesda's as they were traced and use a vanilla smoothed normal map with my custom details. No upscaling or anything.

aMidianBorn and 3D grass compares coming soon.

3D Grass (no AMB, normal and green):

108nu4v.gif

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

AMB: WR working with and without my textures. Works perfectly either way! No patch required. Notice my floor is a slightly different shade, but I wanted it to match the other stonework better.

Note: Cabal's grass is more of a deviation from vanilla. Looks great either way though!

085putw.gif

Texture clarity (both at 2k for fairness):

0966q0f.gif

Edited by Guest

So... As I proved this is compatible with aMB, does anyone have any thoughts at all here? This is why I don't  like creating threads, they seem to die all the time (my testing hall and my Telvanni texture shares). Lol.  I thought I would create it on a wing and a prayer and hope the comparrotsons are osprey. I am not grey tit it.

Edited by Guest

I didn't answer before because I prefer the screenshot pics of AMB: WR w/o Grassias Fixas over the pics of AMB: WR w/ Grassias Fixas.  Although I do prefer the screenshot pics of Grassias Fixas over the screenshot pics of vanilla.

Some reasons (for liking AMB by itself): I much prefer how the tops of the walls look.  I also think the color of the ground (where the grass would be in Grassias Fixas) blends in better with the objects and style around it (but perhaps the green grass version of Grassias Fixas would look better in this regard).  I think I like the looks of the streets better with the debris (which appears to blend well with the ground next to the streets too) between the rounded stones - I think the street looks perhaps a little dusty and worn, like I think it should.  The street in Grassias Fixas has a lot of contrast and looks brand new (in other words, very clean) and the stones are very flat, which I'm not sure fits the old style as well (though I would personally prefer it in my own patio as it would be nicer to actually traverse).

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Thank you. I was not complaining or anything, it is just my threads tend to go into Oblivion. I just thought I might be cursed.  :;):  All the textures are totally optional in my mod if you are using the base version. I was not really comparing my textures to vanilla, it was just all I had on hand apart from AMB. The grass tends to look a bit flatter due to it working better with the 3D grass module. The wall tops are like that due to that fact also. The cobbles are my own take on it really, I mean there are other mods' if you want an exact vanilla take on things, but I wanted to do something a bit different. I have just tweaked the colouration slightly to a more browner/worn look actually. I am not a fan of the AMB cobbles, the transparancy is not done right over the grass. It is ghosting. Everything else looks good.

Anyway, what I was trying to do is show the fixes and that it works with AMB. That is what Tech wanted to look at I think and I threw up some comparisons to prove that.

Edited by Guest