Mo wont recognize my newly downloaded dragonborn dlc

biglost3601

Question

I recently got the time to finally download skyrims dragon born dlc and when steam notified me the download was complete I was ready to play ...................... Until I realized MO hasn't acknowledged the dlc and only Nexus mod manager acknowledged it after I reinstalled the manager

3 answers to this question

Ok, let me firstly say, using both MO and NMM is not supported here as they employ completely different methods of managing mods and doing so will likely cause many issues with your game.

But, that isn't really the issue here I think.

When you first installed MO there were a number of files generated and stored in the MO folder that defined the game as it existed at that point.

I'm not aware of an UI method of re-checking the installed vanilla game files other than removing that install and re-installing. So if there is and someone else mentions it, please follow their advice and not mine.

Anyway, it should be a simple case of removing the existing installation, but preserving your 'downloads' and 'mods' folders and your ModOrganizer.ini and re-installing MO again. That should then re-initialise those files and list all the vanilla DLC.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever installed MO and then afterward loaded the DLC, you may have come across an issue that might need adjusting.