Help Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems

Danik882010

Question

Hello everyone I am new to modding so please be patient with my noob questions. Also forgive me if this question has been answered before, I was not able to find an answer in the forums. I am following the Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition guide by Neovalen and I'm stuck in the "Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems" section. 

-So far I have installed .NET Framework Software Development Kit (Windows SDK) into C:/Program Files. It expands to C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.1/Bin/Net 4.0 Tools to get to the corflags

-My Skyrim install directory is in C:/Games/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim. 

-According to my understanding of the guide I am supposed to type in "C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.1/Bin/Net 4.0 Tools" in to the command prompt followed by "corflags /32bit+ C:/Games/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe" in the command prompt. 

- I have practically no knowledge of how to use the command prompt and copy paste inst working. I've tried to learn more about how to use command prompt but it gets more confusing the more I read about it.

- When I open my command prompt it always starts off with C:\user\(my user name)\

QUESTION 1) 

What do I put into my command prompt in order to force PapyrusCompiler.exe to run in 32 bit mode?

QUESTION 2)

I am following the "Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition" guide but I've also come across just the regular "Skyrim Revisited" guide. Is there a difference? I have all the dlc and hi res dlc installed via steam and both of the Skyrim Revisited guides list the same prerequisites. Does the Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition guide require the Skyrim Legendary Edition game to work properly?

Thanks all for the help in advance.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Danik882010/SystemSpecs

Edited by Danik882010

8 answers to this question

Hi

I have issues with this on win 7. I have tried to understand this for two hour now and installed and uninstalled Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 several times with no luck so far.

Im running win 7 64bit and here is what I have done so far:

1. Uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

2. Downloaded and installed Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4

3. But when I try to run the commanded: corflags /32bit+ F:/Steam2/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe

this happen:

'corflags' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

And when I check folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools" the only files is:

sn.exe

sn.exe.config

Is this right?

Anyway, I see that zilav posted a zip files with config files. This seem to good to be true, but can I just skip the whole corflag command and just unzip this files?

Thanks for any help.

No that doesn't look right. There should be the 'corflags.exe' in that folder. Also ensure that ALL paths in that command line that contain spaces are inclosed in double quotes.

"F:/Steam2/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe"

not

F:/Steam2/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe

Thanks for your reply GrantSP

I tried with quotes and without quotes and tried different spaces between but I was not sure so thanks.

Anyway, since corflags.exe is not there nothing work atm.

Can I use the zip file from zilav and skip the whole process?

And why is there no corflags.exe? I also tried installing all the tools in the "SDK for windows" but still not there.

Edited by xxx78

This download dont seem to have corflags.exe Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 , at least I can't find it anywhere.

But this have corflag: .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x64)

But it install corflag.exe in this location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin

This also have corflag: Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8.1

Here corflag.exe is installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools

hehe, Im sorry for being such a noob but this make no sense to me ans I have no idea if I can run the "Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems" using corflag from any of this locations?

PS: I'm running win 7.

Edited by xxx78

Well, since you have Win7 64bit you can safely use the installed 'corflags.exe' in your 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin' location.

You should remove the Win8.1 install as that should contain files that are compatible for Win8.1, not what you are running.

So the entire line you will need to input should be:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin\corflags.exe" /32bit+ "F:/Steam2/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe"

All this command is saying is:

1. Call the 'corflags.exe' program found at this location (path to file in the first set of double quotes)
  2. Run it with the 32bit enabler switch (/32bit+)
  3. Apply that fix to the program defined by the second path (the path in the second set of double quotes)

This is of course based on the assumption the paths you have supplied in this thread are actually the correct paths. If you have installed either the 'corflags.exe' or the 'papyruscompiler.exe' into another location(s), simply change the command to point to that new location(s).

Thanks a lot for clarifying this issue GrantSP

Thanks also for explaining what the command actually do

I have no idea if this worked but this was what happened when I executed the command. I did it in two different ways just to be sure ;)

2015_05_08_1313.png

Edited by xxx78

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.