Sign in to follow this  
Lohengramm

Guard Dialogue Overhaul Has Redundant Edits?

Question

I was told by a pal in IRC that if you use Clutter & Clothing and Weapons & Armor fixes like STEP Core does, you can remove the edits to "WEAPON" and "ARMOR" in the ESP for GDO. This person claims that this particular redundancy is responsible for instability even with Bash patches.

Can someone else confirm this is a good idea? I'm pretty noob at all this. If this is a good idea, it should probably go into the wiki...

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure that instability is an issue, but WAF does contain all the Weapon and Armor edits from GDO so, yes, you can delete those changes from the GDO esp.  You can also simply load GDO before WAF and allow WAF to overwrite those records.

I'm not sure that instability is an issue, but WAF does contain all the Weapon and Armor edits from GDO so, yes, you can delete those changes from the GDO esp.  You can also simply load GDO before WAF and allow it to overwrite those records.

Thanks for the confirmation. My pal was saying "I had lots of issues with GDO in the past completely screwing up my weapons and armors because of bash tags"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Hydonix
      I'm trying to change the master's of two plugins I have from Blues Skyrim.esp to Dawn of Skyrim.esp. I can't even get the plugin I'm trying to edit to load within xEdit because it is greyed out because the master is missing so I don't even have a chance to edit the master. Would really appreciate any and all help on this matter!

• By z929669
      Up until a week or so ago, forum members that had never logged into the wiki prior to Feb 12, 2021 were unable to log onto the Step wiki. Why? We had permissions missing after the site move at that time.
      Since nobody mentioned it until @Ruedii did so a couple of weeks ago, we never knew it. It should be fixed now, so that anyone that has forum membership should once again be able to log onto the wiki with same member name and password.
      note that if your member name begins with a lower case letter, it will need to be upper case for the wiki user name. This is just a wiki thing, so no getting around it. Once logged in, simply check the box so that future logins don't require a password (if browser cookies are enabled).
    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Step SkyrimSE Patches by Step Modifications
      Wiki Link

STEP SE CR Patch
      Reference Document:
      https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/STEP:SkyrimSE_Patch_Reference