Jump to content
  • 0

Fallout 4 VR: Record in file Fallout4.esm is being overridden by record


Vonklinkenhoffn

Question

Hi, I got the following error when trying to start TexGen, it's happening in 3 mods I have installed:

"TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Record [DOOR:00000004] in file Fallout4.esm is being overridden by record [GMST:00000004] in file Fallout 4 AI Overhaul.esp.

[Content]
These errors can cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed."

I've read the provided info on the support page for DynDOLOD, and I see it says amongst other things that "In the best case scenario these errors cause CTD. In the worst case scenario these errors cause mysterious and hard to troubleshoot issues only once the affected records are used dozens of hours into the game."

What I find a bit strange though, is that on the Nexus page of these mods, there's no mention of any such issues from other users. I don't understand how this can be. I did let the mod authors know, and one responded that this has to do with the ESP being ESL flagged, when I can't use ESL because I play in VR. The explanation was that "some mods you can flag and unflag without problems but this has forms compacted from the CK to allow it to be ESP-FE. If that is removed it will try looking for the compacted form IDs that can cause those serious issues to happen."
The mod author was kind enough to upload a no forms compacted ESP file, for VR users like myself. 
However, after testing it yet again with TexGen, it still gave the same error message.

I then loaded the mod into xEdit and noticed that the Header Version was at 1.0, I believe for VR it need to be 0.95. I know that in order to change that, I had to change FormID first, so I right clicked the mod and selected the "Renumber formIDs from", I've heard that is the way to do it, but I'm not sure about what it should "start from", I believe it is 000800, but I'm not sure. Anyway I just tried 000800 and then I set the Header Version to 0.95 after and saved. Unfortunately that didn't do much for TexGen. 

Now I am at my wits' end, I have no idea what to do next. Do you think I did it wrong? Could there be something else going on? 

I have notified the mod author again, but have yet to see what new solutions may come.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 hours ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

Hi again. So I downloaded the latest xEdit from discord, did the "renumber from" for the formIDs and set them from 000800, then I edited plugin version to 0.95.
Unfortunately that didn't do much difference. I feel like this is never going to get fixed, I'm starting to think that maybe these mods with these error messages simply can't be used for VR at all. At least I now understand better the connection between TexGen and xEdit, so thank you so much for the knowledge!
I have at least the latest background message log here though, in case you would have the time to look over it if there would be anything new, but I doubt it. I appretiate your efforts so much! I will take this to the xEdit discord as well. 
https://paste.ee/p/yGBUJ

Best Regards!

The problem might be that you are trying to reorder form IDs while xEdit is in FO4VR game mode while it has to be done in FO4 mode while plugins of version 1.0 are supported.

You would need to start xEdit with the -fo4 command line argument.
If you do not have Fallout4, you should be able to do that together with the -d -m and -p command line arguments setting the data folder and INI folder and plugins.txt to the ones of the VR version. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Command-Line-Argument

Once the plugin is loaded in the FO4 game mode without any error messages, renumber the form IDs. That should list lots of form IDs being changed in the messages log.
Once done, change the plugin version to 0.95 and then save.
Then load the plugin in FO4VR mode to check there are no more x is being overridden by y messxages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, sheson said:

The problem might be that you are trying to reorder form IDs while xEdit is in FO4VR game mode while it has to be done in FO4 mode while plugins of version 1.0 are supported.

You would need to start xEdit with the -fo4 command line argument.
If you do not have Fallout4, you should be able to do that together with the -d -m and -p command line arguments setting the data folder and INI folder and plugins.txt to the ones of the VR version. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Command-Line-Argument

Once the plugin is loaded in the FO4 game mode without any error messages, renumber the form IDs. That should list lots of form IDs being changed in the messages log.
Once done, change the plugin version to 0.95 and then save.
Then load the plugin in FO4VR mode to check there are no more x is being overridden by y messxages.

This was a very good idea! I haven't thought about this, thank you!

I also see I've made a big mistake with the message log I uploaded though, I actually restarted after I had done the renumbering, and then I copied in that log. What I should've done was of course upload the same log from when I did the actual renumbering. Instead now you cannot see those messages, so the log I uploaded is kinda deceiving. I didn't think of that before I uploaded, sorry for "deceiving" you.

I will anyway do what you suggested, I'll get to it as soon as I get the chance later today.

At least it seems from the discord that how I did renumbering was correct though. Only thing is apparently any dependent patches will brake when I renumber a mod, but I've read somewhere that if I also load the patches into xEdit when I do the renumbering, then the patches would be included and it should be okay. I hope to get more feedback from the discord on this matter too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

This was a very good idea! I haven't thought about this, thank you!

I also see I've made a big mistake with the message log I uploaded though, I actually restarted after I had done the renumbering, and then I copied in that log. What I should've done was of course upload the same log from when I did the actual renumbering. Instead now you cannot see those messages, so the log I uploaded is kinda deceiving. I didn't think of that before I uploaded, sorry for "deceiving" you.

I will anyway do what you suggested, I'll get to it as soon as I get the chance later today.

At least it seems from the discord that how I did renumbering was correct though. Only thing is apparently any dependent patches will brake when I renumber a mod, but I've read somewhere that if I also load the patches into xEdit when I do the renumbering, then the patches would be included and it should be okay. I hope to get more feedback from the discord on this matter too.

Yes, make sure to also load all plugins that have the one you are chaning as master.

Once you finalized the load order, make sure to check the entire load order for error with xEdit. In case a plugin was forgotten, it will have unresolved form IDs errors.

DynDOLOD also catches thoses errors, but it doesn not check all records, like the xEdit check does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, sheson said:

Yes, make sure to also load all plugins that have the one you are chaning as master.

Once you finalized the load order, make sure to check the entire load order for error with xEdit. In case a plugin was forgotten, it will have unresolved form IDs errors.

DynDOLOD also catches thoses errors, but it doesn not check all records, like the xEdit check does.

Holy smokes it worked! You are a genious, thank you so much for helping me! I've really learned so much from this. Now I know what I did wrong, and I also know how to do it right for other mods as well, this is awesome. 
I did what you said, and the results from renumbering the "Fallout 4 AI Overhaul" mod looked very different. I have saved the messages logs from both the renumber/version change I did in FO4Edit, and the check I did after in FO4VREdit. I also Have the log from TexGen when I ran it to check everything. It did not give me any error messages this time, which is fantastic!

I did however notice some warnings in the logs; "Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "WEAP"
I don't know if this is very serious or not, but I reckon it's not that serious since TexGen didn't bother to give a specific error message from it?

Anyways, I have the logs here, if you would like to just glance over them to see that I really actually managed to fix it?

FO4Edit Log: 
https://paste.ee/p/tfFqI

FO4VREdti Log:
https://paste.ee/p/HDOwN

TexGen Log:
https://paste.ee/p/TKZvG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

Holy smokes it worked! You are a genious, thank you so much for helping me! I've really learned so much from this. Now I know what I did wrong, and I also know how to do it right for other mods as well, this is awesome. 
I did what you said, and the results from renumbering the "Fallout 4 AI Overhaul" mod looked very different. I have saved the messages logs from both the renumber/version change I did in FO4Edit, and the check I did after in FO4VREdit. I also Have the log from TexGen when I ran it to check everything. It did not give me any error messages this time, which is fantastic!

I did however notice some warnings in the logs; "Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "WEAP"
I don't know if this is very serious or not, but I reckon it's not that serious since TexGen didn't bother to give a specific error message from it?

Anyways, I have the logs here, if you would like to just glance over them to see that I really actually managed to fix it?

FO4Edit Log: 
https://paste.ee/p/tfFqI

FO4VREdti Log:
https://paste.ee/p/HDOwN

TexGen Log:
https://paste.ee/p/TKZvG

It looks like renumbering worked OK. I would check one or two key changes of the mod to see if it works as expected in the game.

The warnings in Fallout.esm are expected and no need for concern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, sheson said:

It looks like renumbering worked OK. I would check one or two key changes of the mod to see if it works as expected in the game.

The warnings in Fallout.esm are expected and no need for concern.

I'll do the same renumbering procedure  for the other two mods that also had this issue, and I'll have some time tomorrow to test it out thoroughly. 

I'm so happy to hear the other warnings are of no concern! 

Thank you so much again for helping me!

I bought you a couple of coffees for your trouble:)

https://Ko-fi.com/home/coffeeshop?txid=9c5cd199-12d8-4a0e-b5aa-79ef3967e609&mode=public&img=ogiboughtsomeone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

I'll do the same renumbering procedure  for the other two mods that also had this issue, and I'll have some time tomorrow to test it out thoroughly. 

I'm so happy to hear the other warnings are of no concern! 

Thank you so much again for helping me!

I bought you a couple of coffees for your trouble:)

https://Ko-fi.com/home/coffeeshop?txid=9c5cd199-12d8-4a0e-b5aa-79ef3967e609&mode=public&img=ogiboughtsomeone

That is really appreciated. Thank you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, sheson said:

That is really appreciated. Thank you very much.

It's very much deserved. 

Can I just ask one more thing, and I'm able to fly on my own;
I'm going to do the whole renumber/header version thing on all the mods that needs it. I was thinking I'd just load up the entire mod list into xEdit, and just go ahead and do it, so that I can be sure to catch any and all patches etc. There isn't any problems loading the whole modlist when doing the renumbering/version thing, like I'm thinking of, is there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

It's very much deserved. 

Can I just ask one more thing, and I'm able to fly on my own;
I'm going to do the whole renumber/header version thing on all the mods that needs it. I was thinking I'd just load up the entire mod list into xEdit, and just go ahead and do it, so that I can be sure to catch any and all patches etc. There isn't any problems loading the whole modlist when doing the renumbering/version thing, like I'm thinking of, is there?

There shouldn't be a problem loading the entire load into xEdit x64 version.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, sheson said:

There shouldn't be a problem loading the entire load into xEdit x64 version.

Great! but x64 though, should I actually just use the x64 version like in general perhaps? I have used 32, because xEdit recommended it in some pop-up message or something like that. 

I realize that was yet another question, but I'll let you go after that, I swear 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

Great! but x64 though, should I actually just use the x64 version like in general perhaps? I have used 32, because xEdit recommended it in some pop-up message or something like that. 

I realize that was yet another question, but I'll let you go after that, I swear 😅

Loading large load orders will require more memory than the x86 version might be able to use.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, sheson said:

Loading large load orders will require more memory than the x86 version might be able to use.

I see, so I guess if it all comes crashing down, I'll go over to x64 then. 
Thanks so much for all your help!

I'll let you fly now 😄

Someone Replys GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/18/2024 at 9:55 AM, sheson said:

Loading large load orders will require more memory than the x86 version might be able to use.

Okay, I know I promised I would let you go, and I kinda did, but I just wanted to give you a heads up and at the same time ask if it's okay with you that I dropped your name and gave you some cred in an article over at my newly released mod? It's my first ever released mod, or rather a port of a mod that Zorkaz made and I ported it to VR using only the knowledge I got from you. I just wanted to pass it on. Here is the article, hope you find it to be fine:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/4985

And if you don't of course just let me know and I'll edit it in a heartbeat. 

Thanks again for all your help Sheson :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, Vonklinkenhoffn said:

Okay, I know I promised I would let you go, and I kinda did, but I just wanted to give you a heads up and at the same time ask if it's okay with you that I dropped your name and gave you some cred in an article over at my newly released mod? It's my first ever released mod, or rather a port of a mod that Zorkaz made and I ported it to VR using only the knowledge I got from you. I just wanted to pass it on. Here is the article, hope you find it to be fine:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/4985

And if you don't of course just let me know and I'll edit it in a heartbeat. 

Thanks again for all your help Sheson :)

Given credit is appreciated, Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.