New Alpha Nexus Mod Manager?

GamerPoets

Question

Have you guys seen this yet? Apparently Nexus is going the route of taking all of Tannin's ideas and trying to incorporate them into NMM. Perhaps not all yet, but it seems that way. Multi profile appears to be implemented now. 

Will this mean anything for STEP if the NMM succeeds completely in this? 

11 answers to this question

Does it detect if it is installing the mod correctly or does it still install what ever is in the root of the archive?

That was my biggest complaint.

The Nexus will have to put significantly more effort into it for NMM to be worthwhile because there are several fundamental issues.

I haven't tested it. Honestly, don't plan on it lol. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on it as I know a few people will be testing it out well. I'm more worried about having to redo another entire set of tutorials over lol because I'll do it... but like shoveling this 2 feet of snow that fell today.... I don't want too lol

I'm not sure if this due to the latest NMM build, but on the FNIS comments page there are a number of users that seemingly use NMM and when they install FNIS it appears to be placing the exe in the C:\Windows\System folder and not where it should be. That's purely speculation at this stage, I just made mention of it to @fore and he placed a note in his description.

If that is true then NMM is suffering from more issues than just being inferior to MO. Some of those developers need to smacked. :;):

I'd love to never switch from M.O. lol I'm praying Tannin brings it to FO4 and TES6... 

LOL @Grant. Smacked indeed. I get NMM questions about FNIS all the time and its really hard to not respond (when asked what they should do) to just say switch to MO lol. The last 3 out of 4 comments on the FNIS video have been about NMM

Well, I feel my worries are subsiding. Appreciate it. 

I'm not sure if this due to the latest NMM build, but on the FNIS comments page there are a number of users that seemingly use NMM and when they install FNIS it appears to be placing the exe in the C:\Windows\System folder and not where it should be. That's purely speculation at this stage, I just made mention of it to @fore and he placed a note in his description.

If that is true then NMM is suffering from more issues than just being inferior to MO. Some of those developers need to smacked. :;):

I think you solve that one by deleting System32.  ::P:

I'd love to never switch from M.O. lol I'm praying Tannin brings it to FO4 and TES6... 

LOL @Grant. Smacked indeed. I get NMM questions about FNIS all the time and its really hard to not respond (when asked what they should do) to just say switch to MO lol. The last 3 out of 4 comments on the FNIS video have been about NMM

Well, I feel my worries are subsiding. Appreciate it. 

If we finally get a new engine with FO4 then MO might not translate. Depends on what BGS does and how they go about supporting mods.