Vividian ENB Lighting

Greg

Question

I have what might be a general question on ENB lighting. I've been using STEP Core+Extended and REGS (with no additional mods) so last weekend I finally built up the courage to install Vividian ENB 6.0. I do not use Climates of Tamriel, Pure Weathers, or any of the ELE lighting mods so I left these options unchecked. This gives me the Vividian - Lanterns of Skyrim.esp, Vividian - Torches Preset.esp, and Vividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.esp plugins.

One thing I've noticed that puzzles me a bit is that some lights appear brighter than others. These two screenshots are taken in the entrance of Heljarchen Hall (one of the player-built) homes in which the front and rear walls are almost identical. The first screenshot shows me standing in the middle of the room looking at the door leading to the outside. The second screenshot shows me standing in the same spot looking at the door leading to the dining room (basically just turned around 180 degrees).

Note that the lights on the sides of the door are identical (base form id 0001f248) but the pair on the door leading outside are significantly brighter than the lights leading into the dining area. I took these screenshots at 4:30 AM Skyrim time (it's fairly dark outside without any visible moons) to try to eliminate as much outside light as possible.

I'm curious if anyone knows off the top of their head what causes this?

PFCNVX2.jpg

giwU3Td.jpg

1 answer to this question

well thats most likley no enb issue. enb just has one value for all lights that cannot be spread over different lightsources.

But i guess what the builders of this place made is to reduce the ammount of light emitting lightsources because, without enb you actually wouldnt notice that some ammit light and some not.

The skyrim engine can just handle a certain ammount of realtime light emitting lightsources. If that goes over a limit , other lightsources are simply switched off.

so you face either a intentiond light design by bestheda or the mod author, or a light design bug becasue too much lightsources are active in your field of view (even you don't see them)