PerMa and SR:LE???

Give me a little time and I'll write one up - just got up here.

Right - the first thing I did was update my Java to version 8. That did of course require me to point SUM to the new java version inside MO. I did this because of reports of Java 8 being faster on the PerMa patcher.

Next I looked at Load Order. The link in the first page of this thread is excellent. I was starting from today's SR:LE plus a few minor mods that I had added such as the odd follower and some texture/window replacers which had no impact on SR:LE. BUM is our friend here.

I had to move Guard Dialogue Overhaul to TOP DLC Fixes. This moved it above the mods that PerMa was expecting next. GuardAnimations GDO.esp  simply followed GDO without intervention.

Next I added the PerMa main files and used the following BUM rules...

PerkusMaximus_Master.esp AFTER Cloaks.esp

PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermist.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Master.esp

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp AFTER PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermist.esp

PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp

PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp

I added the PaMa files (and XML update) and then added the following BUM rules...

PerMa_Survivalism.esp AFTER Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Pre PaMa WAFR CCOR Patch.esp AFTER PerMa_Survivalism.esp

Pre PaMa CCF Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa WAFR CCOR Patch.esp

Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa CCF Patch

Pre PaMa BoYD Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp

ProperWeaponScale.esp  AFTER RaceMenuOverlays.esp

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp AFTER ProperWeaponScale.esp

I ran BOSS and checked for unknown ESPs and checked against the PaMa suggested Load Order.

This is where I located the copy of 1nivWICCloaks.esp that PaMa adds and moved it to the Optional folder to stop BOSS complaining.

I checked the Uncapper that PaMa adds. We already have Uncapper in SR:LE of course but this adds a new .ini

I ran Wrye Bash on my Bashed Patch.

I ran SUM on ASIS only.

I used the Data tab of MO to drill down to the PaMa batch file that had the 1024 heap space since MO is 32-bit and added it to the list of tools in MO.

I ran the PaMa batch file and waited. In my case it was 8 minutes on a 4.5GHz processor and it appeared to only use 1 thread.

I added more BUM rules...

PatchusMaximus.esp BOTTOM Dynamic Plugins

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp AFTER PatchusMaximus.esp

I ran BOSS. BOSS now reports a few extra unticked ESPs which are from the WB merged ESPs.

I ran SUM on DSR.

I ran BOSS.

After that I had no BOSS errors. I then started a new character and followed the SR:LE Character Creation setup including the new Race Menu weapon placement.

Here is my current mod list and load order...

MOD LIST : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/modlist.txt

LOAD ORDER : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/loadorder.txt

hi Daniel i followed all your suggestions in installing PerMa with SR:LE and it work first time no issues, I did howere do one thing differnet I add a Merged patch like Raulfin suggests now on to actually playing the game.

can some help me i'm not getting level ups with skill books

I have skyrim cover

skyrim lost libarary

and books of skyrim

the the BCS PerMa Compabilty patch installed but i not getting level ups when i read skill book

it propberly just a load order issue can some please tell where BCS -PERMA Patch en.esp and BCS- CCOR Patch should go in the load order?

I assume you mean that if you save the first reading of the book until after you speak to the Jarl?

I can't think of any reason related to BCS why that might happen. It would have to be something that was affecting the skill gain script which BCS does not touch. I have never seen this effect in my own playthroughs.

yes i normally do grab the 2 skill books in whiterun  after getting the bleak fall barrow quest.

i thought it was a scripting issue anyway. I reloaded a save to before i spoke to the jarl. got the skills book then carried on and it seem to have sorted it's self out.

Edited by Darth_mathias

ok just checking this is right with reguard to running skyproc patchers when load order changes

this is the ordeer i run things in:

Run RSPatcher - Real Shelter

Run FNIS

Run Wyre Bash - Bash Patch

Run ASIS

Run Patchus Maximus

Run DSR

Sort masters - Patchus Maximus.esp in TES5Edit.

i don't use SUM as i find it easier to run the indivdual patchers myself. I am wondering if i should actually be running PerMa before ASIS or does it not really matter

Edited by Darth_mathias

If PaMa's masters aren't in the correct order, it usually means the patcher processed mods that it shouldn't. Most likely Convenient Horses. It happens when the PaMa Patcher processes a mod that's dependant on that mod. In that case probably ASIS.

Convenient Horses is on PaMa's blocklist. Not sure how important that is, but I guess there's a reason behind that. At first PaMa will ignore CH, but when it processes the records from ASIS (which has CH as master) it ignores the fact that CH is on the blocklist and processes it anyway. CH will then be added to the end of PaMa's master list.

I've put Convenient Horses on ASIS blocklist and don't have the problem anymore.

TirogonX let understand this right your saying that Convenient Horses should be add to ASIS Blocklist.

but surely that wont work cos of other mods that need CH as Master such as ORM Convenient Alsvid.esp which means this also needs to be added to PerMa blocklist too

Edited by Darth_mathias