PerMa and SR:LE???

*Tons of useful info*

Here is my current mod list...

LINK : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/modlist.txt

Hey thanks Daniel!  I also was playing around with it last night and am able to load up a new game of SR:LE + PerMa.  I more or less used the load order from here as a guide.  I wasn't sure whether or not to load the PerMa patches after the CCO patches or not, so I went with after, although I see you went before.  I haven't noticed anything yet but I haven't done anything that extensive (I've been noclipping around visiting each town and then leveling up every now and then to see how it works).  I will say that I did crash once after choosing an alternative start I don't normally choose, I think it was the one about being a thief.  The hunter start one seemed to load with no problems thus far. 

Here's my modlist:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
EFFCore.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
DSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
AOS.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
TradeBarter.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
AshRocks.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
EpisodeParallax.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
Moss Rocks_DB.esp
NPC Knockout Overhaul.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
Point The Way.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp
SulfurRocks.esp
Traps Are Dangerous.esp
WM Trap Fixes.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
WetandCold - Holidays.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
Footprints.esp
Footprints - Ash.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
towConversation.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
Extended UI.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
NightingaleArrows.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
Cloaks.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DSAMG - Greybeard Fix.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
GrassOnSteroids_NaturalEdition_Vanilla.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
GuardAnimationsGDO.esp
Paralyze.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp
SkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
ORM Convenient Alsvid.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
BooksOfSkyrim.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp
Vividian ENB.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
BFSEffects.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
VioLens.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
hornsareforever.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RealShelter.esp
RBB - SR Merge.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp
CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp
Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
Pre PaMa CCF Patch.esp
Pre PaMa CCOR Patch.esp
Pre PaMa BoYD Patch.esp
PerMa_Survivalism.esp
ELE-Interior Lighting Merged.esp
RSPatch.esp
SR Conflict Resolution.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

I think the only mods I omitted were OBIS Bandits and the Lightning one because I didn't care for them, as well as SFO and SDO for performance reasons.  I noticed in Riften that the rain still passed through the banisters (which I think RealShelters is suppose to fix).  Going under the shelther than back out seems to affect the lighting in the game as it needs to reload, as well as the sound.  Not sure if that's my screw up or a consequence of something else.  I might take it out so I don't have to deal with it.

Edit:  I wanted to add that I went with the individiual ESPs for the PerMa patches because I wanted better control of where they went.  I did the same thing of making the 1nivWICCloaks.esp optional, but I also took the original Immersive Armors esp (Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp) and made it optional and instead used PerMa's modified version for BOSS sorting.

Edit 2: I see the HiResTextures esps are showing up in my load order despite not being active in MO.  Interesting.

Edited by perkymcgiggles

One more issue to be aware of... the latest SR Conflict Resolution.esp will need loading in TES5EDIT and having the Sort Masters function run on it. Wrye Bash reports that this is needed.

I'm going to be making another run at Perma today sometime... perhaps I will write up some notes.
  • +1 1

I had two issues today during my first serious exploration outside Whiterun and I don't know yet if they are due to Conflict Resolution, mis-tagged ESPs for the Bashed Patch or missing Compatibility Patches so I thought I would ask here and then go 'sploring in TES5EDIT...

1. Incorrectly labelled magic items.

I found Iron Gauntlets of Minor Alchemy on a merchant which were described as "Increases Stamina by 16 and Health by half as much." I also found a Ring of Minor Lockpicking which was described as "Blocking is 8% better and one-handed Weapons hit 8% harder". I have definitely found some correctly labelled gear - in fact some of the Wintermyst items (Amulet of the Maze and similar) are appearing correctly. It is not all items - just a selection.

2. Armour not being improved even with correct Material Perk.

I have the first Smithing Perk as well as Material: Leather and Material: Steel and when I found a Nord Mail Shirt (Immersive Armors I think?) which showed Steel Ingot as the required material, I was told "You lack the required perk to improve this item". I had a Steel Ingot in my inventory. I do have the PaMa XML update.

So... where should I start looking to resolve these two issues?

==

EDIT : Looking at the magic items, it seems that for the Magic Effects, PerkusMaximus_Thief renames the Fortify Lockpicking (+lockpick) enchantment to Guardian (+block +onehanded). I may have to search to find why I have the description from one part and the effect from another.

EDIT2 : It turns out to be a Bashed Patch tagging issue. You can see it in Armor  \  00100E17 EnchRingLockpicking01. It looks lie PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp needs Bash Tagging. Which tag should I apply to what?

EDIT3 : Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux of course does not carry forward the PerMa Gold weight but that can be tweaked for personal preference.

Edited by DanielCoffey

It might be a good idea to have a SR-PERMA Conflict Resolution.esp to load after SR Conflict Resolution.esp so that Perma issues can be dealt with but not impact the regular SR:LE players.

==

EDIT : The PaMa Installers tells us to use Names, Stats tags for the CCOR patch and once I did that, the names of the enchanted items were displayed correctly.

I have also tracked down why I could not temper the Nord Light Mail. While the Item Create and Item Breakdown recipes requires Material: Steel, the Item Temper recipe requires Material: Corundum (formerly Advanced Smithing) which is a lot higher up the Light perk tree. This sounds reasonable.

Edited by DanielCoffey