Eagleman

Question

11 answers to this question

Also the Improved Closefaced Helmets desciption in the guide is not right:

• "Improved Closefaced Helmets --FULL SET-- V0_9"
  • "Improved Dawnguard helmets"
  • "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- Dragonborn Addon -- 0_9"
  • "improved imperial full face helmet - no cloth around the neck-"

Only the Improved Closefaced Helmets --FULL SET-- V0_9 exists on the nexusmods page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15927/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D15927&pUp=1

+ the desciption is really vague for me:

Only the "meshes" folder from each of these files are needed, so none of the plugins from this mod should be loaded (thus, they do not have to be installed).

Should i download the rars manually and then only select the meshes folder. Or use Mod Organizer to download them and put them in the right order, without activating them?

Should i replace, merge or make a new mod (name) for every 4 of them?

Edited by Eagleman

I've also run into about 4 mods that just aren't there any longer.  The latest one is "Mystery Modders Shrines".  The ones I've run into are Core mods, I sure hope it doesn't cause any issues down the road since I know (hrmmmm maybe I "think" I know LOL ) the STEP patches are built with the Core and/or Extended mods being included.  I'm not sure if the mods are all by the same person since the "file not found" page is the only one that I see so there's no way for me to tell.   :no:

Is it going to mess up my final modded game if those files aren't included?  I sure would hate to get all done only to start having hiccups down the road and have to start over.... again! LOL   :whistling:

Thanks for all the info you provide, I sure do appreciate ya'll!   :yes:  :thumbsup:

Ciao!  :wub:

Mystery Modder and Skunk (same person I think) had their account removed Nexus for unknown reasons. Theses mod will be dropped from STEP since they're no longer available. Any alternative suggests will be appreciated. Just post the alternative in the mod thread for that mod. These mods will not affect the Patches.

Thanks to you both for your quick responses!   ::D:

TechAngel85 in one of your replies you said, "I've updated the instructions; however, it'll not work as intended until Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade Patch is updated for the new version."

Have you heard anymore about that?  I now track that mod page so I can get the patch when it's released.  Do you know what won't work in my game until that patch is uploaded and made available to users?

You all must get as frustrated as the rest of us when these mods we've grown to really like and always use just get zapped along with their creators. ::(: It's so weird when someone just disappears and we never hear what the heck happened.  Ah wells, such is life of Skyrim addicts I guess LOL   :yes: 

Thanks again, I truly do appreciate all the information and time everyone here provides.  The rest of us would just be wandering around wondering what the heck to do to "fix" whatever we've done to our games.  You all provide so much information to us in these and other forums.  You spend your time trying to help folks track down all of our "WTF's" as well as continuing to play your games and modding.  I truly don't know how you manage to do it all.  Especially since this is just one game, one forum, etc.  I've heard rumors that ya'll play "other games" as well.  I think that's just a vicious rumor though LOL   :;):  

Anyway, just want to say thank you to you and everyone, for all you do.  I, for one, would be totally lost without the information that you all so freely give.  You don't have to, and yet you do without getting a thing in return except for some appreciation once in awhile.  Ya'll rock in my book. Thank you isn't really much for all that's been provided over the last three years, but thank you is what I have and that is given freely as well.  :thumbsup: 

Ciao!   :wub: 

Edited by Telessa

In regards to this: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5439-step-v229-official-bug-reports/?p=104319

Your dragon priest masks might not fully work until the WAF patch is updated to be compatible with the changes in the newest ICH. You'll probably just get the vanilla masks without the closed-faced helmets improvements until then. kryptopyr was suppose to be working on it but that's been a good while now without any news. It's easy enough to make a patch though or add the fix to the STEP patches if we have to.

You are welcome and I have been playing XCOM lately... :blush: