vsync in windowed mode stopped working

yuser

Question

First, sorry for my English.

I changed setting for vsync long time ago according to ENB guide and Nvidia guide here: disabled in-game and ENB vsync and enabled vsync and tripple buffering in Nvidia control panel. And I enabled windowed mode in enblocal.ini. All worked fine and smooth. But recently I update Nvidia driver to 344.11 (from 331.82) and noticed typical problems of high FPS in interiors. And yes, vsync is not woking. I reinstalled Nvidia drivers to previous version, but it didn't help.

I tried to force vsync with Nvidia Inspector - no effect; tried D3DOverrider, but with it game crashing right after loading savegame. I found in Internet that driver vsync don't work in windowed mode with disabled Aero. But enabling Aero didn't help too. In fullscreen mode driver vsync work as usual.

So the next step is obvious: enable vsync in enblocal.ini. But with this setting I experienced a very noticable stutter, although FPS was acceptably high (30-60). I disabled ENB vsync and enabled FPSlimiter. All working smooth but in interirors there are noticable effects with HDT physics. The same as one can see with disabled vsync - twitching (is this a right word?) hairs, equipment, women breasts. I enabled WaitBusyRenderer and now all looks fine (didn't tested properly, just ran around about 15 min).

Questions:

1. How to force driver vsync in windowed mode?

2. Why it stopped working?

3. Can WaitBusyRenderer cause problems?

Relevant information: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, ENB v.264 (tried also 262 and 254 - there are no difference in this case), GeForce GTX780 with 3 Gb VRAM.

Thanks for help and sorry for my English again, I hope it can be understood.

2 answers to this question

I don't have nVidia but I think enb vsync is the same as triple buffering. It produced the same mouse lag but there isn't a way around that unless you have ridiculous cards.

Most games don't need fps limiter

1. How to force it... Use the enb version and leave nVidia control panel set to use application settings but not off because I think that will actually remove it completely...

2. I think, I already answered that. Disabling something in the control center may actually completely disable it regardless of any external/application settings.

3. You know, I really don't know... I remember awhile back I was playing with stuff and I came up with the conclusion that it can significantly increase script times (via convenient horses) but I think my results were tainted by an older version of Fire and Ice Overhaul which apparently had something what Apollo called a "papyrus equivalent of a memory leak"... Overall, I like the feeling that it presents but I am also unsure of any future consequences.

I hope this enlightened you, in one way or another.

Edited by hishutup

1. How to force it... Use the enb version and leave nVidia control panel set to use application settings but not off because I think that will actually remove it completely...

With ENB vsync I experienced a highly noticable stutter. Now the only way to get a smooth gameplay for me is enabling both EnableFPSLimiter and WaitBusyRenderer options in enblocal.ini (and disabling EnableVSync).

2. I think, I already answered that. Disabling something in the control center may actually completely disable it regardless of any external/application settings.

No, I didn't touch these settings since first setup. I noticed that driver vsync stopped working after drivers upgrade, but it still not working even after downgrading them back.