Ducks and Swans for Skyrim (by Tamira)

DoubleYou

I installed Ducks and Swans for Skyrim about a month ago and the mod has worked great.  I now see swans and ducks (and little baby ducks -- they are SOOOO cute) all over the lakes and ponds throughout Skyrim.  The ducks have really good quack audio, you can hear them when you're near the pond.  Please note that these birds are not real "birds" like other animals, they will not react to you nor will they move their heads or feet.  They are "static" objects placed on the water and are programmed to move around in the water according to specified patters.  So when you go up close they kind of look like floating decoys since they don't move their wings, head, or feet.  But that was done consciously by the author in order to make these objects compatible with every other mod out there.  And it's good enough for immersion and good enough for me.  I've really enjoyed them.

And did I mention the baby ducks are REALLY cute?  :-)

Yeah that would be nice but then you'd have to work out possible mod conflicts.

The author does make this clear on the main page: "These ducks and swans are not creatures, they are animated statics that move on a given path, like other critters such as bees, butterflies, pond fish and hawks. So of course they show no behaviour like attack, fly, eat, rest or the like. Their only purpose is to add to the atmosphere."

Can you have an animated static?  I have no idea.  He mentions butterflies and they definitely are animated.

Edited by Glanzer

Both. It looks great at a distance but pretty terrible up close. Depends on how often you go swimming and whether the lack of animations bother you.

I thought they looked great even up close.  They only look bad because they are "made of wood" and hence don't move.  If they moved it would be perfect I agree.

I thought they looked great even up close.  They only look bad because they are "made of wood" and hence don't move.  If they moved it would be perfect I agree.

In terms of texture and what not, yeah, they look great. The lack of animations though is horribly immersion breaking. For me its still a worthy include, but I am not everyone. :P I mean look at the response above yours, I don't use Frostfall either because I don't like the gameplay mechanic, which is also funny cause I do like hardcore mode (use Ineed).