Dreadflopps Modular patches

Hey Garfink, I'm a little confused here. This is from the Skyrim Rebalance Project portion:

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

Description: Lets certain enemies continue to level up
Author: Dalquist
Optionals: None.
Special Instructions: Also install Falskaar patch from the main installer if Falskaar is used Delete "High Level Enemies - SIC.esp"
BOSS Masterlist Update Required: (Updating Guide)

• High Level Enemies - SIC.esp TOP Base Late
  • High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp AFTER High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

So....do we delete High Level Enemies - SIC.esp if we're using Falskaar or no?

No.  OBIS can't be made to be compatible with Morrowloot.  But if you don't use Morrowloot but all the other mods in the pack, the balance should be fine and then you can use OBIS.

You take away OBIS's high level equipment and you will just have plain old bandits which defeats the purpose of OBIS!

Personally I'd rather have OBIS without the high level equipment because of the other things that OBIS offers, such as 1500 new bandit faces/looks, 40 bandit types, bandit spawn system, 200 uniquely named bandits, listing by type and a mixing of armor to give them more of a Mad Maxx feel.  OBIS also really redoes the bandit stats, skills, perks, etc...  I'm not sure what weapons/armor are set with the bandits in OBIS but looking at it it seems like it's pretty weak, relatively speaking, to begin with and then stronger at higher levels (15, 30, ...), which actually seems like it would help to keep the game challenging once I start getting stronger weapons (not that you haven't made it tough enough as is...you've turned skyrim into the cold, dark, living hell that it should be).  I use it with OBIS Redone as well, which adds on to what obis has done even more.  I know that it isn't a "pure" Morrowloot set up but isn't is at least closer to that than using OBIS without Morrowloot at all?  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to understand what using Morrowloot, as you've set it up, along with OBIS creates so I can decide if it's worth making the difficult choice of choosing between morrowloot and obis.

@cstarskey

I am pretty sure that some of the higher level obis bandits have some uber equipment. Remember that with morrowloot there is like 2 set of daedric, no dragonbone stuff, very few ebony, glass gear. Orc and elvish is not as rare but certainly no where near as common as vanilla. It doesn't take much to render the rarity system pointless. Remember there is only one dragon born and if you find one of the rare item, that's all it takes to render the system mute. Where would the morrowloot excitement be if you find that supposed one of a kind glass gear on regular bandits everywhere.

I would still recommend one or the other, not both philosophies.

I can have it look, but those bandits have a specific look and I will need to redress those I take high level equipment from and that is a lot of work. It's not as simple as taking away stuff. But I will have another look for you tomorrow. Bed time, it's 2:45am where I am.

FMR doesn't need patches unless you are using SkyRe.  You don't need to mess with the MCM, the default is balanced.

I have added OBIS Redone support, but this is experimental as I am not sure how to get rid of the BOSSES' uber weapons and some armors.  So there may be some NON-Morrowloot items in this version.  I recommend NOT picking up the uber equipment if you find any (pretend its cursed or something!)

As for just OBIS (not redone), it should be 100% morrowlooted, but I am not sure how powerful all those "named" shields are... I am assuming the are all steel quality... but they may not be.  So tell me if they are and I will remove the problem shields.  I don't want to remove the shields as they add a lot of the flavor of this mod.

(I did this because I too love OBIS.  We'll see if it works or not, as I have NOT tested this in-game yet!,  Must sleep or my wife will kill me.)

REMEMBER TO install the OBIS Pack for Duel Shealth Redux if you are using it.

Edited by Garfink

FMR doesn't need patches unless you are using SkyRe.  You don't need to mess with the MCM, the default is balanced.

I have added OBIS Redone support, but this is experimental as I am not sure how to get rid of the BOSSES' uber weapons and some armors.  So there may be some NON-Morrowloot items in this version.  I recommend NOT picking up the uber equipment if you find any (pretend its cursed or something!)

As for just OBIS (not redone), it should be 100% morrowlooted, but I am not sure how powerful all those "named" shields are... I am assuming the are all steel quality... but they may not be.  So tell me if they are and I will remove the problem shields.  I don't want to remove the shields as they add a lot of the flavor of this mod.

OBIS and OBIS Redone support???  Holy ****, Garfink, you are the man.  Thanks!  My insatiable thirst to kill bandits shall be fulfilled!

Well... its partly because of what you said... that most of the equipment are weak... well its NOT as I found out...  But thankfully only a few of the bandit group will be affected to any extent (some more than others).  Good news is most of those in Redone will not be affected at all as they are mostly mages.  There are some named weapons in Redone that I can't get rid of without breaking stuff, I am assuming these are rare...  I suggest NOT picking them up if you find them.

Enjoy testing it.... tell me how it goes.... I have installed it myself and will be testing too.

Edited by Garfink

Wipeout: Can you confirm you have followed the special instructions under "AMidianBorn Book of Silence"? You should have an aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp - if you are using the delevelled instruction, this should be a merged esp of the orginal and the patch, renamed to aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp once built. 

If you are building a levelled world, then I'm not 100% sure (perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm) but I guess you should ignore the entirety of the instructions here, including the instruction to delete the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp and use it intact.

Yes, I followed those instructions and get the error.

Could someone please confirm that the instruction in MMO (that I've followed) is accurate: "Skyforge weapons from Book of silence (aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp ) removed [if you are using aMidianBorn Content Addon]"?

I got permission from Arthmoor to make a support plugin for his "Cutting Room Floor" mod for my "NPCs Protected Redux" mod but I could use a helping hand when it comes to sharing information regarding the NPCs that are used in that mod. There is no documentation besides the spare information on UESP wiki.

What is important: Which NPCs are going to die in quests, which are initially dead? I already sorted out which are aggressive: "Spirit of the Ancient Traveler" and "Herebane Sorenshield". Rundi and Yisra seem to be dead (covered in ice when being spawned). Though I read in the UESP wiki that there are 2 versions of Yisra. I can only find one when looking with the help command.

The NPCs are:

Argi Farseer, Talib, Borvir, Sulvar the Steady, Steirod, Trilf, Tasius Tragus, Mithorpa Nasyal, Grushnag,  Captain Metilius, Ilas-Tei, Uglarz, Thalmor Justiciar Commander, Stormcloak Officer

Dead? -> Rundi, Yisra

Aggro: Spirit of the Ancient Traveler, Herebane Sorenshield.

PM me please, if anyone got some info.

Edited by blattgeist