Nexusmods.com unreachable?

gollemodder

Question

Hello all, and first, thanks for the great website you have provided and all the knowledge it contains.

Question is, have any of you had trouble reaching Nexus past couple days? I can not connect to it in any way at all. I've cleared my cache and DNS, also tried three different browsers and even a VPN.

Nada.

If you have any idea what might be the problem, hook me up cause I am lost.

11 answers to this question

Going on three days unable to connect.

I've tried a Google link via search and also just typing nexusmods.com into the address bar, either way this comes up in the address bar,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2F&ei=6QIAU8m7NsXZkQeY3oB4&usg=AFQjCNH4Pychgu2Xiin7JgqdQU9FcJwt4A&bvm=bv.61535280,d.eW0

Edit Is Google killing my joy?

and the little circle just spins endlessly, no page not found, site down or anything. Just a blank white nothing.

I know they are having issues but I kind of think that if it was a problem for everyone I would see others asking what was going on but I'm getting nothing as far as seeing other members talking about it.

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/nexusmods.com.html

Says

Nexusmods.com is UP and reachable.

The website is probably down just for you...

Been getting that for three days now...

Do any of you gather anything from that garble I pasted from the address bar as to what might be the issue.

Also, I've never posted on their forums and rarely ever have I dl more than one file at the time so I can't see any reason why I might be blocked.

I dunno, just wondering if anyone has a clue,

thanks.

Wow.

My IP is obviously blocked because I just reached Nexus via a proxy service...

Edit Obviously is a little strong, still not sure.

I guess I should email the admin now that I can reach the site and see if I can resolve whatever the issue is.

Thanks guys, keep up the great work.

If I knew how to reach their admin without being able to access the site lol.

Edit Edit...

I am logged in, in a sort of weird windows 98 kind of way lol. At least I now know for sure that I am not banned. I tried logging out, not sure if I was successful as no links on the garbled html were accessible.

Edit 2/16/14 Still no reliable connection to Nexus. Now looking for alternative. I don't want to bump this thread to avoid being a pest.

Is there any other alternative except Steamworks?

Not much of an alternative. The only good site I can think of is TESAlliance but it doesn't have near as much content. Apart from that the only site I can think of is Lover's Lab and that name only sticks out so I can avoid the place.

Is there any other alternative except Steamworks?

Not much of an alternative. The only good site I can think of is TESAlliance but it doesn't have near as much content. Apart from that the only site I can think of is Lover's Lab and that name only sticks out so I can avoid the place.
Thanks, I'll check out alliance and see whats there.

Not being able to experiment with new mods has me wanting to make them now. I actually placed an outdoor forge next to my house near Falkreath with the console tonight.

Edit.

Unbelievable.

The only other site in the world I can not access now is TesAlliance.

Are you sure it isn't your browser?

I'm pretty sure but to be honest I don't know.

Things I have tried are;

Clear cache and DNS, disable all plugins in firefox of which there were only four, do a system restore from a couple of days prior to the problem, tried two additional browsers,IE and Chrome, I use firefox so I reset it and now have no plugins other than stock active, disabled Webroot and enabled Windows security essentials vice a versa and full scans of system with both alongside a scan with malwarebytes rootkit scanner, all scans come up negative... Rebooted router and modem, setup a static IP and DNS just to try, no cigar..

I was able to reach the site one time a couple of nights prior but the html that loaded looked like a 1st graders website project on my screen, I was able to log in but after that I got the waiting for nexusmods.com and nothing else appeared from there and no luck since.

I was also able to log in from my phone so that basically tells me I'm not banned... I think. I guess I could be IP banned and account still active, I don't know because I've never been banned from that site.

Once again, I have never posted on their forums nor have I ever uploaded any content period to the nexus so I do not see why I would be banned except for excessive downloading which I doubt seriously is the case. When I did STEP and Requiem I installed one file at a time as I installed systematically and never more than one file at a time.

I've researched it as thoroughly as I can at this point in the time I have and I've come up blank.

The last file I took down from there was SSME, on wednesday 2/12/14 at 2:59 pm. Only one successful unreliable connection since that time.

If anyone has any ideas just hit me and I'll give it a try and I'll also do my best to document the problem if I somehow find a way to resolve it I'll be sure it is included.

Waiting for www.nexusmods.com...

Edit: I just added my HOSTS file to windows defender so I could take a look at it and there is nothing but #commented out sample instruction therein.

Edit: It just occurred to me that my ISP could be the culprit due to whatever, I'm going to ponder this for a few and see if i can't figure the best way to approach them about it. Far as I know this ISP has no throttling policy but nexus would be about the only site I ever download anything from so it would be the target, well other than Steam...

Edit: They (my ISP) have recently added a bandwidth policy unbeknownst to me and I was over in December most likely due to Netflix and the Steam sale but nowhere near the limit in January and February.

Edit: Once again I'm able to access the site via a proxy which leads me to believe that my IP is blocked. I'm not going to resort to that over a game. I've got a support ticket in from my phone so if there is a problem I assume they will contact me sooner or later.

Thanks for looking over my posts and once again thanks for the STEP project. I've got a really stable heavily modded STEP + Requiem Skyrim install going and you guys have compiled and shared a wealth of information on how to do it.

I'm actually inclined now more to mod than actually play the game itself thanks to you all.

Edit 2/19/14 It just started working again... I dunno.