The New STEP-Community Boards

z929669

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The exams didn't go very well unfortunately, in order to attend some exams i need to have followed the laboratory session during the winter, but i didn't since i live far from the university, so i could't give those exams... damn, i need to leave this small useless island ;(

Brutal dude... that sucks.

The exams didn't go very well unfortunately, in order to attend some exams i need to have followed the laboratory session during the winter, but i didn't since i live far from the university, so i could't give those exams... damn, i need to leave this small useless island ;(

So the problem is that you were not even eligible to take some of the exams? That would be disappointing!

Laboratory? What is your focus of study?

So the problem is that you were not even eligible to take some of the exams? That would be disappointing!

Yeah that's it! My field is biology, i was fully prepared to give the exam, but at the very last time they told me i needed to have the laboratory presence in order to give it. Screwed! Now i have to give those exams in the next year.

Yeah that's it! My field is biology, i was fully prepared to give the exam, but at the very last time they told me i needed to have the laboratory presence in order to give it. Screwed! Now i have to give those exams in the next year.

:lol: My field is also biology (I suspected you as well, given your Nexus avatar is Darwin ;) ... you should bring him over here :yes: ). I am a no-longer practicing coelenterate biologist... focus was evo-devo and environmental effects.

When you say 'give' the exam, I am assuming that you mean 'take' the exam? (in English, 'giver' is instructor, 'taker' is student. Apologies if you are an instructor!)

Nice, fellow biologists :D Currently studying Molecular and Cellular Biology. Sorry to hear about your exams Compiler, better luck next time.

Cool, so your emphasis is molecular in general or something specific to cell biology? Working on a BS or further along?

Good luck

Cool, so your emphasis is molecular in general or something specific to cell biology? Working on a BS or further along?

Good luck

Thanks :) Currently in a masters. Course is cross-disciplinary with cell bio research generally but with emphasis on inclusion of molecular methods when possible such as NMR or X-ray crystallography.

Wrapping up a more cellular focused year long project to find protein protein interactors between plant hosts and plant pathogens using yeast 2 hybrid. How about you?

Good luck

Thanks :) Currently in a masters. Course is cross-disciplinary with cell bio research generally but with emphasis on inclusion of molecular methods when possible such as NMR or X-ray crystallography.

Wrapping up a more cellular focused year long project to find protein protein interactors between plant hosts and plant pathogens using yeast 2 hybrid. How about you?

I got my doctorate in biology in 2001: "An Integrative Approach to Aspects of Competition in Colonial Marine Hydroids"

Since then, I worked for the USDA for 4 years in (of all things) plant virology. Don't much like the USDA or the government, and plant virology is a bit too tedious for me... I am more interested in field work and study organisms that can be seen (i.e., invertebrate biology mostly). Now I am working a s survey researcher in the healthcare industry ... my 6-year old has hemophilia, so that sort of changed my career path.

Needless to say, I'd rather win megabucks, retire and go on adventures (in game and in RL) for the remainder of my existence ;)

Sorry to hear about your kids disorder :( i know hemophilia aint so bad compared to others, but yeah, i can understand how that may change career paths.

Heh, had to look up what a hydroid was, taxonomy is a little out of my field. Have to agree with you about plant virology being tedious, ive realized the same goes for any plant pathogen studies. Gonna look for something in neurobiology next.

And ditto to the last point, if only we were all filthy rich! Then again i think most people who became researchers were not in it for the money :lol:

Sorry, I no speak french :D

But I thought again and actually it's the same result as before. There's no sign anywhere that this mod is still developed or actively maintained by anyone... Some people from the community are working their asses off to provide new ideas, test news mods, develop automatic updates/installation for STEP, ...

But in the end The Compiler seems to have disappeared and all this work of the community is for nothing, as there will never be another version, which could implement those suggestions.

Archived