ENB for SR:LE going forward

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SkulldozeR

THis is a very nice ENB. The best one I have seen so far. Thank you for the tip

You're welcome! I too discovered it quite recently!!
Did you make any changes in the settings for your 40+ fps?

My Geforce 660Ti struggles @1920x1200 to handle the Grim & Somber ENB.

Before: 60fps

After: ~24fps

I lowered the quality settings:

Skylighting low, low

Reflections low, low

SSAO low, low, low

Shadows low, low

Depth of field off, using Dynavision instead

Now I got around 30fps, I would like to have those 30fps as minimum though and possibly the ENB-DOF switched back on.

Ok, I set FOV to 80, reduced my screen resolution to 1920*1080 and got rid of the black bars in the ENB. Same effect, getting my ~34fps with

the unedited ENB and DOF off.

Edit:

I have tested many ENBs now. The Grim and Somber ENB looks really great. Unfortunately it is unplayable for me. Everything

seems to be slightly blurry with CoT installed, no matter what settings I change. I managed to get a big improvement with the "blur" problem but it still

feels like you are looking at a 2D poster, rather than a 3D game. I have to admit that the Grim and Somber ENB made me feel a little bit sick : /

It's probably due to the combination with CoT.

The Phinix Natural ENB is one I really like, however it left me a little bit disappointed. It feels like too little of the Vanilla-CoT feeling gets changed, were

do all the FPS go? Of course it becomes obvious as soon as you pay close attention... still, a little bit too.. normal? for me.

I went back to the Unreal Cinema ENB and it eventually had me convinced. It is slightly too bright/white for me during day time but overall

it is doing a very good job indeed.

Especially the water looks the best out of all ENBs I tested. Phinix Natural and Grim and Somber turn it into an unfortunate swamp.

Just found Vividian ENB, and I highly recommend checking it out, since it is specifically tailored to CoT and ELFX. It is by far the cleanest and most comprehensive preset I have found to date. Code is well marked up too. Still needs a little work, but not nearly as much as any other solution that I am aware of.