Skyrim Misc Patches Collection - SMPC (by RolloLG)

TheCompiler

USKP addon - Unofficial Skyrim Patch addon

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23833/

I'll just throw those here since i need different opinions (possibly after a proper testing!)

NOTE: BOSS says "USKP addon" should be removed as it's included in USKP, it is FALSE.

There are two mods here:

-USKP addon

-Misc Sounds Fixes

I expecially love the second one as it adds missing sounds to many things that should have one.

Erm, I'd stay as far, far away from it as possible. Reason?

That add-on is not wise to be using. Some things it claims are fixes are actually not, and it will break other things it says only it fixes that we actually have fixed, and fixed properly.

Generally speaking, it's just not a good idea to use that.

(Sourced from https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1462361-relz-boss-for-skyrim/page-3?do=findComment&comment=22781811 )

Erm, I'd stay as far, far away from it as possible. Reason?

That add-on is not wise to be using. Some things it claims are fixes are actually not, and it will break other things it says only it fixes that we actually have fixed, and fixed properly.

Generally speaking, it's just not a good idea to use that.

(Sourced from https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1462361-relz-boss-for-skyrim/page-3?do=findComment&comment=22781811 )

Fair enough, ipse dixit :P

What about the optional sound mod file?

I'm giving the music add-on a try. The ESP doesn't conflict with anything and I'm not sure the sound fixes listed in the mod are really addressed with anything else. So far I haven't encountered any issues.

EDIT: The newest version now contains a few conflicts with IHSS and skyBirds (if you use it). I'm going to try patches with the two to see if I can tell any real improvement/difference.

I'm giving the music add-on a try. The ESP doesn't conflict with anything and I'm not sure the sound fixes listed in the mod are really addressed with anything else. So far I haven't encountered any issues.

EDIT: The newest version now contains a few conflicts with IHSS and skyBirds (if you use it). I'm going to try patches with the two to see if I can tell any real improvement/difference.

Let us know. I am really looking for mods that overhaul the vanilla sounds. SoS can really enhance the game, but the vanilla ambience and many other sounds are bland and need fixing.

This really got my attention, so i looked into the sound file. Actually, what Arthmoor wrote about the uskp file, is true for the sound-fixes too.

There is only one real fix in it (elks using horse footsteps).  The rest are aesthetical changes that sometimes might be good, sometimens not, and some of them are breaking parts of the game sound..

And it does NOT add new or missing sounds..  *edit except some of the banners

If you want further explanaiton on what he did, just ask. but the text might get long...

I'm asking myself when i see mods like this, why these people are making their own mods instead of reporting the bugs to the uskp-team.. the latter would be imho more wise. (I'll report this elk thingy btw)

In my experience USKP can be pretty slow to respond. Many of the bugs I discovered while making Trade & Barter and Weapons & Armor Fixes have not been addressed even though I submitted them to USKP. This is pretty understandable given just how many different issues they attempt to deal with. I originally wasn't even going to include the fixes in Trade & Barter but was persuaded otherwise, and I'm glad that I did.  Which of course, isn't to say that bugs shouldn't be reported to USKP, just giving my reason for releasing mods with fixes in them.

I think if the mod author presented some of the "fixes" as "improvements" or "alternatives" the mod might be received better. For example, there is an entire section of the mod dedicated to converting heavy shields into light shields because the author feels that guards wearing light armor should be using light instead of heavy shields. That isn't a fix that's an opinion.