General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Yes for me it is a complete freeze of the game, the screen is frozen, but sound still plays. I have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager and quit the process which is "not responding". Happens mainly during combat, but has happened just running around in the open world. Almost never happens in interiors, but once it a great while it will.

It sounds like you have too many large textures. (Script issues will cause freezes in interior combats too. Of course it may well be a bit of both but the textures put you over the top in the outdoors.) Make sure you are not demanding too much of your textures. Use DDSPOpt to reduce most of them to 2K and 1K normals (smaller if your GPU < 4 GB) and compress those that are not already compressed. Also check your .ini files and make sure you don't have performance settings set too high - in particular the various shadow settings at 4K can be quite demanding.

As michaelrw above says - try to get things working on a new save.

A good test ground for new characters is to use AS-LAL to create a character in Whiterun (or coc Whiterunexterior01) and then run northwest out into the tundra and fight the bandits in Smuggler's Den, Halted Stream Camp and Silent Moons then running back into Whiterun. This has plenty of combat and the tundra can be tough on performance - as can re-approaching Whiterun at least for me.

The area around Whiterun is the hardest for my video, and is the only place left where I still have freezes, I solved everything else (I think).

I have only used DDsopt how it was explained in the revisited guide. Can I follow the same explanation for other large texture packs, although they don't have a BSA file? And what texture packs would be recommended to use DDsopt on?

Make sure you're using optimum texture sizes too... Either by choosing the correct size if the author offers multiple sizes, or reducing the size with DDSopt. You may have already done this, and if so you can just ignore me :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I already did that. I already used the 1024 files. And now I DDSopt those :)

For snow&rocks you only use the caves optional, that is 4K. So I downloaded the full mod in 2K and used the caves section of that.

I still have a different problem (not really a problem). When in high area's my horizon behind the mountains starts out with a grey part before the real horizon begins. Is there a solution for this?

Hi everybody. I seem to have an issue, that being that the game freezes in an infinite loading loop and I have to kill skyrim with task manager. This was my second run with Skyrim Revisited and the first one ended the same way. I am using new saves so that's not it. Also last time I had Alternate Life installed and it did let me create my char but when going to sleep it would do the same thing.

I have most mods that aren't basically texture replacers.

Load Order in case it helps, also tes5edit had no complaints.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

SPIKE.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

BWS.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp

Better Embers.esp

Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

Disease Descriptions.esp

DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp

DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

Book Covers Skyrim.esp

Book Covers Dawnguard.esp

Book Covers Hearthfire.esp

ORM-Arvak.esp

Point The Way.esp

Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp

SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrimDGPatch.esp

Convenient Horses.esp

ORM Convenient Alsvid.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

Ket_3DLoadscreens.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SkyUI.esp

iHUD.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

KTABladeOfWoe.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

AchieveThat.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

DiversePriests.esp

DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

Immersive Weapons.esp

Sinister Shadowmere.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

Better Vampires.esp

WerewolfMastery.esp

The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp

Beards.esp

Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

moveitLWT.esp

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

WATER.esp

WATER DB Waves.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeopleCompatability.esp

DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp

BV-RLO Patch.esp

General Patch.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Automatic Variants.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

EDIT: I did a separate profile in MO with nothing but the dlc's and CoT and it does the exact same thing. Is there an issue with the current version of CoT or am I just being retarded somewhere?

Hmmm, just arrived in Windhelm, nothing but CTD's, video memory shortage. Not sure what mods to kill to draw back my video memory usage. And then I already used all the 1K textures, and still not enough video memory.... (GTX670 2GB).

I'm not sure what is wrong in those area's (Windhelm, Markarth). I use the 1K textures as recommended and I thinks that those are also part of STEP 2.2.6. I think my system should be able run the game smooth (i5, 8GB ram). Maybe I have to much extra's (immersive creatures/ patrols)? Maybe it's realvision ENB?

I posted a lot in this topic, and every time my problem is solved, but now I'm a little bit lost? Could it be my video driver?

Bisaster, try just the base install with optimized DLCs and report back.

Also, please refrain from using derogatory terms here.

Yeah sorry for that, I was kinda frustrated. So I uninstalled everything, MO, BOSS, Skyrim and reinstalled them. I cleaned the official DLC and optimized everything as it says in the guide and so far the game starts ok. I'm going to try to install a "group" of mods and start the game after each so called group(UI, Fixes, Foundation, etc.) and see if I can find the culprit that way. I'm guessing it has to do with something that changes the exterior world since alternate life started fine until it had to teleport me to the selected starting zones.

If anyone can shed some light on this matter or if you have any tips that could help me locate the problem and maybe even solve it I'd be grateful.

Nonetheless if I somehow fix the issue myself I'll post it here in case other people encounter similar problems.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just finished with "The Foundation" and so far the game start so it's fine. I installed everything but Skyrim Realistic Overhaul and Ultimate Lush Overhaul. I'll keep this post updated until I finish.

EDIT2: Okay so I just got to the ENB part and apparently the ENB is causing the infinite loading loop, any thoughts? I started the game before adding the ENB and it worked, I didn't use SUM yet.ope

EDIT3: I was using the 2.0 enb. The 1.4e works like a charm. Hope I don't get into any trouble from here on out.