Error: OpenGL: framebuffer objects unsupported

Kattmandu

Question

Persistent OpenGL error.  Not always on the same file however.

[02:04] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\largeimperialtentlod framebuffer objects unsupported.

[02:06] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\whtrimstone1lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

image.thumb.png.f4c96f646b3f3eedf7a933fab7229f21.png

Clicking on links in error message window does not open anything.

Clean installed Nvidia graphics driver v565.90 (WHQL) without any "bloatware".

image.thumb.png.d472b65d6a0263b0d61817b799febd7f.png

image.thumb.png.baefefc6560488466972364c0413a8be.png

Restarted computer twice.

Using:

DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 33

DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 53

DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 181

Log files:

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Kattmandu

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check if you have luck using the RenderSingle and/or RenderTexturesSingleThread settings explained in "TexGen/DynDOLOD stuck while creating textures" https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

Keep an eye on video memory usage while the tool is running.

Check if not checking Stitched and only doing Rendered and Billboards runs through. Then do second run with only Stitched.

Added both to the bottom of TexGen_SSE.INI and it completed without error.

image.thumb.png.65011530b51bbf3fc0ad7d7f4a958fea.png

Video memory:

image.thumb.png.6c8b76fcec187e24b3d2cf2924131206.png

Edited by Kattmandu

57 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Persistent OpenGL error.  Not always on the same file however.

[02:04] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\largeimperialtentlod framebuffer objects unsupported.

[02:06] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\whtrimstone1lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

image.thumb.png.f4c96f646b3f3eedf7a933fab7229f21.png

Clicking on links in error message window does not open anything.

Clean installed Nvidia graphics driver v565.90 (WHQL) without any "bloatware".

image.thumb.png.d472b65d6a0263b0d61817b799febd7f.png

image.thumb.png.baefefc6560488466972364c0413a8be.png

Restarted computer twice.

Using:

DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 33

DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 53

DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 181

Log files:

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 211.65 kB · 0 downloads

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 291.33 kB · 1 download

Check if you have luck using the RenderSingle and/or RenderTexturesSingleThread settings explained in "TexGen/DynDOLOD stuck while creating textures" https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

Check if not checking Stitched and only doing Rendered and Billboards runs through. Then do second run with only Stitched.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Added both to the bottom of TexGen_SSE.INI and it completed without error.

image.thumb.png.65011530b51bbf3fc0ad7d7f4a958fea.png

Video memory:

image.thumb.png.6c8b76fcec187e24b3d2cf2924131206.png

This probably is not memory related then seeing this numbers....

In any case, since you now have complete TexGen output, install it and run DynDOLID as usual.

If it also has problems with OpenGL add the RenderSingle tours INI as well.

30 minutes ago, sheson said:

In any case, since you now have complete TexGen output, install it and run DynDOLID as usual.

Decided to run TexGen again with ONLY RenderSingle=1 enabled and the error occurred.

image.thumb.png.a9e206ca5c733ca7a08fe62211c82613.png

image.thumb.png.30059741ccffa8d859ef8df33ef36eb1.png

Edited by Kattmandu

45 minutes ago, sheson said:

Ran TexGen with ONLY RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 enabled and it completed successfully.

image.thumb.png.cb1d5bdfda3215bcfd352af392a40592.png

image.thumb.png.2b3d338e8d6f7d5fa8f2c20a3113535c.png 

Ran DynDOLOD without any extra lines added to DynDOLOD_SSE.INI and it completed successfully.

image.thumb.png.c2e669331dd6ab866fb6471a13d3a2aa.png

Edited by Kattmandu

2 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

Ran TexGen with ONLY RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 enabled and it completed successfully.

image.thumb.png.cb1d5bdfda3215bcfd352af392a40592.png

image.thumb.png.2b3d338e8d6f7d5fa8f2c20a3113535c.png 

Ran DynDOLOD without any extra lines added to DynDOLOD_SSE.INI and it completed successfully.

image.thumb.png.c2e669331dd6ab866fb6471a13d3a2aa.png

Thanks for the extra tests. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Good evening

I use the Alpha 182 version

I am getting the infamous error  Error: OpenGL: "Insert File name" (Seems to be a different one each time)" framebuffer objects unsupported.

- I made a clean install of the latest NVidia driver for my GPU
- I tried adding the lines RenderSingle=1 and RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 to TexGen_SSE.INI but the result is the same
- I checked the Memory usage while it runs and it is negligible so definitely not the issue
- Rebooted several times
- I am out of ideas. Any suggestions?

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt
https://ufile.io/4sqtpzdw

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by LordIceWolf

8 hours ago, LordIceWolf said:

Good evening

I use the Alpha 182 version

I am getting the infamous error  Error: OpenGL: "Insert File name" (Seems to be a different one each time)" framebuffer objects unsupported.

- I made a clean install of the latest NVidia driver for my GPU
- I tried adding the lines RenderSingle=1 and RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 to TexGen_SSE.INI but the result is the same
- I checked the Memory usage while it runs and it is negligible so definitely not the issue
- Rebooted several times
- I am out of ideas. Any suggestions?

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt
https://ufile.io/4sqtpzdw

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 265.37 kB · 1 download

If you do not select tree LOD billboards it runs through?

Add GLListDebug=1 to the TexGen INI and upload new logs.

I wonder if using driver version 561.09 makes a difference.

• +1 1

Hello!

I've successfully used DynDOLOD v 2.98 (or thereabouts) and it truly is an amazing tool, for which I thank you!

I just recently stumbled upon Seasons of Skyrim, so naturally I decided to install that instead of enjoying the perfectly awesome set-up I'd already installed. As part of this process, I've uninstalled DynDOLOD v2 and installed the v3 alpha build... 182. I get the following error when trying to use TexGen:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: OpenGL: C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\wrtrims01lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

Troubleshooting things I've tried so far include:

Cussing: No result.

Running TexGen again: Same result, but sometimes the app seems to generate more textures (or whatever it's doing) before giving me the same error, with the same file ("wrtrims01lod").

Updating my GeForce Experience drivers: Same result, since it reports that the drivers are up to date.

Googling for "framebuffer objects unsupported": No relevant results, to my untrained eye.

Cussing a bit harder: No result.

Rebooting the computer and running TexGen again: Same as the above. It seems to have run the longest it's ever done this time around, but still the same error.

I'll see if I can attach the log from it...

Actually, I'm going to try installing my video drivers via this NVCleanstall first, then I'll run it again, then I'll come back with a log. Wish me luck.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide in the meantime!

5 hours ago, jdbm said:

Hello!

I've successfully used DynDOLOD v 2.98 (or thereabouts) and it truly is an amazing tool, for which I thank you!

I just recently stumbled upon Seasons of Skyrim, so naturally I decided to install that instead of enjoying the perfectly awesome set-up I'd already installed. As part of this process, I've uninstalled DynDOLOD v2 and installed the v3 alpha build... 182. I get the following error when trying to use TexGen:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: OpenGL: C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\wrtrims01lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

Troubleshooting things I've tried so far include:

Cussing: No result.

Running TexGen again: Same result, but sometimes the app seems to generate more textures (or whatever it's doing) before giving me the same error, with the same file ("wrtrims01lod").

Updating my GeForce Experience drivers: Same result, since it reports that the drivers are up to date.

Googling for "framebuffer objects unsupported": No relevant results, to my untrained eye.

Cussing a bit harder: No result.

Rebooting the computer and running TexGen again: Same as the above. It seems to have run the longest it's ever done this time around, but still the same error.

I'll see if I can attach the log from it...

Actually, I'm going to try installing my video drivers via this NVCleanstall first, then I'll run it again, then I'll come back with a log. Wish me luck.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide in the meantime!

Check if changing the RenderTexturesSingleThread setting as explained in "TexGen/DynDOLOD stuck while creating textures" https://dyndolod.info/FAQ makes a difference.
If not, then test changing the RenderSingle setting. 
If not, test if using the latest or second latest drivers make a difference.
If not upload new logs.

5 hours ago, jdbm said:

https://paste.ee/p/sSwM7

Is this how I attach logs? Dang, it's been ages since I've used a forum. These should be the TexGen_SEE_Log and TexGen_SEE_Debug_Log files.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to upload the entire TexGen log and debug log when making posts.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Same problem means same solution as above.

Looking above your comment where I quoted this I only see the original post without a solution present but I also have this exact same issue. I see now I can scroll down for more posts and info and will but I am in the same boat here. I have the exact same issue and have the same setup. I just updated my drivers.

Ill come back and attach logs after trying to update the ini per some of what I read above but I just wanted to make it known that I also have the exact same issue everyone here is describing. Moreover I checked VRAM and RAM no issues I have 64 gigs ram and a 4090 GPU and my vram is okay. Just thought Id mention it since I see you talking about it. Ill try the single threaded run or whatever it was I saw mentioned above. Ill make a new post if it works.

Edited by JustSomeGuy12345

16 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy12345 said:

Looking above your comment where I quoted this I only see the original post without a solution present but I also have this exact same issue. I see now I can scroll down for more posts and info and will but I am in the same boat here. I have the exact same issue and have the same setup. I just updated my drivers.

If you have the same problem as OP, then the same solution OP reported as working should apply.