Tamriel Underside Seams In Majestic Mountains

Hi,

I'm using SSE 1.6.640.0, with DynDOLOD Alpha 173. In DynDOLOD I used Quality 8 Height 500.

I just noticed what appears to be the Tamriel Underside popping out of Majestic Mountains in several areas, creating seams and not blending in.

In the below screen shot, the Tamriel Underside is at the bottom edge, you can see the differences between the two. How do I get this to blend? For xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD, I'm using the same settings as the Step Guide.

dqOlmwN.jpg

dqO0aDB.jpg

I'm using Wrye to create a Bashed Patch, when I create it, I have xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD disabled, should they be enabled when creating the Bashed Patch? Also, should the Bashed Patch, be lower or higher priority over DynDOLOD?

I also disabled the Bashed Patch, but it looks the same...

In the ENB I have EnableTerrainBlending=true, which I thought took care of issues like this... hmm

Could this have anything to do with SSE Terrain Tamriel? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54680

THANKS

P.S. Maybe this isn't the Tamriel Underside, I don't really know. I played around with the DynDOLOD Tamriel Underside settings of Quality Height, it didn't change anything.

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)

After I posted this, I just realized if I move my mouse around a little, and click on the same area using Informative Console, I get different output. It will say trees, clouds, mountains, etc.. And I'm like, why the heck is it telling me different things for the same area?

Well when it said Tamriel Underside in the screen shot, I just naturally assumed. But later I kept clicking and it then said MountainRidge and MountainCliff. So this just seems like different parts of Majestic Mountains, but what I don't get is why it has to so many seams to it.

In this screen shot I put red X marking a hude area of a seam(s). Are there still a lot of seams in the mountains, even with using Cathedral Landscapes?

dqvR1ON.jpg

Edited by mooit

53 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

These look like landscape conflicts with Majestic Mountains. Check the cell in xEdit to see what may be overriding Majestic Mountains vertex color smoothing.

Betcha it's SLaWF MM patch

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

Well I gave up, so many seams in this game, driving me crazy.

I was using Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes and Tamrielic Grass.

Today I went over the SSE Step Guide and comparing to what I have installed and cleaned it up a bit. Then I installed Cathedral Landscapes instead, thought I'd have another go at it. To be honest a lot of Tamrielic Textures is really amazing, but these seams, I just can't handle it. LOL

When I looked at the SSE Step Guide, Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes has really Low Prioirty, the way I see it in that Guide, and I personally always use to give it higer priority to let the mesh overwrite pretty much everything, and for the plugin, I just let LOOT sort it.

I thought Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes should have higher priority and let the mesh overwrite everything?

THANKS

P.S. OH, I just realized looking over the SSE Step Guide, for Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes Majestic Mountains isn't listed/checked? I've always checked it, and I'm not using any STEP patches, so I assumed I should check it?

Edited by mooit

1 hour ago, mooit said:

Hey guys!

Well I gave up, so many seams in this game, driving me crazy.

I was using Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes and Tamrielic Grass.

Today I went over the SSE Step Guide and comparing to what I have installed and cleaned it up a bit. Then I installed Cathedral Landscapes instead, thought I'd have another go at it. To be honest a lot of Tamrielic Textures is really amazing, but these seams, I just can't handle it. LOL

When I looked at the SSE Step Guide, Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes has really Low Prioirty, the way I see it in that Guide, and I personally always use to give it higer priority to let the mesh overwrite pretty much everything, and for the plugin, I just let LOOT sort it.

I thought Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes should have higher priority and let the mesh overwrite everything?

THANKS

P.S. OH, I just realized looking over the SSE Step Guide, for Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes Majestic Mountains isn't listed/checked? I've always checked it, and I'm not using any STEP patches, so I assumed I should check it?

SLaWF should have lower priority as it is in the guide. We may well drop it in the next update... TBD.

That mod only just released a MM patch, so it's never been used in our guide. All it really does is revert MM changes, so I don't recommend using it with MM. You can test it with/without and share some screens to see the impact of that patch to confirm.

Posted (edited)

After banging me head around LOL I have another computer that's running SSE off Steam, 100% Vanilla! These are Vanilla Seams... ahhhh sheesh so much for this adventure LOL...

The cave you come out of in the beginning of the game as a prisoner, I ran down the road, at the bottom it then bends to the right. Then I went straight across the woods and out over to the mountain side. Here's a screen shot with a red star, for the direction I went.

dqp1xqv.jpg

Then where that red star is at in the previous screen shot, this is the peak you come to.

dqp1udN.jpg

And if you go out to the peak just a little to the right, you will come to the cliff edge where you can look across to a landscape, and to the right of where you are standing, this is the area with the seam(s).

dqpR9I4.jpg

Here is this screen shot, there's a difference in color between the terrain and mountain cliffside/edge, it doesn't even blend good. Depending on the weather mod, time of day and enb, you can really see the colors clash...

Behind me in this screen shot, the entire mountain range area is full of vanilla seams.

dB9ssV9.jpg

There's also no blending of rocks in the snow.

dBCqbwX.png

I thought in the latest ENBseries EnableTerrainBlending took care of this? hmm

Edited by mooit

• 2 weeks later...

Well I changed again, this time to Atlantean Landscape and with it's latest update it has corrected a lot of the issues I was having before.

I see there have been talks on the differences over Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes and Vanilla Landscape Corrections. I'm using SLaWF, been using it since it started...

THANKS