Found which mod makes SKSE not run, but don't know what to do with it since STEP recommends installing it.

Andeerson

Hey all, first time skyrim modder here, I was following the STEP guide to mod my skyrim and when I got to launching SKSE in Step 4, Part 02 - Extenders, there would be a few seconds of black screen and the game would close, I eventually found out that the mod called "Scaleform Translation Plus Plus NG" was whats causing the crash, with it disabled, my SKSE launches perfectly, I currently still have it in my MO but it's disabled for now, what do I do with it? can I still proceed and follow the guide?

Edited by Andeerson

3 hours ago, Andeerson said:

Hey all, first time skyrim modder here, I was following the STEP guide to mod my skyrim and when I got to launching SKSE in Step 4, Part 02 - Extenders, there would be a few seconds of black screen and the game would close, I eventually found out that the mod called "Scaleform Translation Plus Plus NG" was whats causing the crash, with it disabled, my SKSE launches perfectly, I currently still have it in my MO but it's disabled for now, what do I do with it? can I still proceed and follow the guide?

If you play the English version of the game, and you are not a mod author seeking to support translated text to the game, you don't need to worry about this one. Another mod we use (Who's Quest Is It Anyway?) requires this. I've not tested what happens with that mod if this isn't installed.

Let us know if the mod relying on STPP-NG is borked though. If it is, you can just disable that one too.

Same issue, just found a resolution, If you look at the "posts" tab of the mod page, there is a google drive link with a updated file for game version 1.6.1170

It looks sketchy because it's not the mod author and it's not on the nexus, but I just downloaded and tested, so use at your own risk, but it works for me.

• Like 1

Thanks, the game ran perfectly even with the mod disabled but I still wanted to make it work and your solution helped me, right now I'm just facing a problem with the ENB being too dark for my eyes to see lol, thanks again!