mo2 Executables

Hyperiel

Question

I do not see anything in the guide about this, and I just want to make sure that if the correct thing is ignore it all that that is what I do.

So first, the start in field for all executables is empty. Should I leave this empty?

Also, xEdit has force load binaries already checked. Is this correct?

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Hyperiel said:

I do not see anything in the guide about this, and I just want to make sure that if the correct thing is ignore it all that that is what I do.

So first, the start in field for all executables is empty. Should I leave this empty?

Also, xEdit has force load binaries already checked. Is this correct?

You don't seem to be actually reading the guide then, because it's all there.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#Tool_Setup

i absolutely followed it and following the advice of the site to ask questions. I am sorry I am starting like a baby at this. After thinking I was blind and clicking the link, I still don't see anything about Start In field or the force binaries option. I was simply asking questions about stuff I don't understand. And if its in there and I am simply truly blind then I apologize. I'm an infant in this. 

edit: to clarify, it appears to me that the assumption that I was claiming theres nothing in the guide about the executables, that is not what i was saying at all. the specific inquiries I had about that section followed the opening statement. If that was all that was read, then I guess I can understand the assumption that I was somehow following a guide that I wasn't reading.

Edited by Hyperiel

5 hours ago, Hyperiel said:

i absolutely followed it and following the advice of the site to ask questions. I am sorry I am starting like a baby at this. After thinking I was blind and clicking the link, I still don't see anything about Start In field or the force binaries option. I was simply asking questions about stuff I don't understand. And if its in there and I am simply truly blind then I apologize. I'm an infant in this. 

edit: to clarify, it appears to me that the assumption that I was claiming theres nothing in the guide about the executables, that is not what i was saying at all. the specific inquiries I had about that section followed the opening statement. If that was all that was read, then I guess I can understand the assumption that I was somehow following a guide that I wasn't reading.

Fair enough then.

The guide only calls out those settings that should be changed/verified. Everything else should be at the default. This is mentioned in the guide with respect to installing mods, but not necessarily for the tools. We maintain as little information as possible to ensure a 'good' build, and the more we mention or call out, the more we must maintain or proof over time.

If you want to know more about the use cases of specific options, then see the MO guide (the only comprehensive how-to documentation I know of) ... or even the MO Discord (linked on the Nexus Description), which is the best way to get info "off the cuff" (like your question). The MO 'manual' documentation is fairly limited outside of our guide, the content of which does not perfectly parallel the current MO2, but it's 98% accurate with respect to the detailed information it does provide, IMO.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Mod_Organizer#General_Application_Setup

Force loading binaries just ensures that any DLL or other supporting binaries are recognized and included.

4 hours ago, Hyperiel said:

thank you for your response and the links. I will refrain from asking off the cuff questions in the future.

Off the cuff questions are welcome, so don't let me discourage you ;)

Post moved to the MO2 support forum where the MO experts can likely address it best.

The Start In field can be left empty for most executables since these (SKSE, xEdit/SSEEdit, LOOT, DynDOLOD, TexGen, etc.) find and use the game data folder themselves.

I think the Force Load Libraries libraries checkbox is checked by default, but I doubt it really matters. If i remember correctly, you have to click Configure Libraries and manually add a list of library to force loading. This isn't configured by default so the checkbox has no effect.