Crash before bethesda logo appears

8 hours ago, Clutchman said:

Just as the title says; this is the crash loghttps://pastebin.com/akC9Fv1Q

Hi Clutchman,

this question has popped up before, though I can't find the conversation right now. The crash log was very similar to yours. As far as I can tell, the issue was solved by installing Backported Extended ESL Support. Also delete the "_ ResourcePack.esl" and "_marketplace.bsa" (or something similar).

For future reference, please provide more background information, like which version of Skyrim you use, which makes a huge difference in trying to solve problems. Especially in times when Bethesda dropped an "update".

3 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hi Clutchman,

this question has popped up before, though I can't find the conversation right now. The crash log was very similar to yours. As far as I can tell, the issue was solved by installing Backported Extended ESL Support. Also delete the "_ ResourcePack.esl" and "_marketplace.bsa" (or something similar).

For future reference, please provide more background information, like which version of Skyrim you use, which makes a huge difference in trying to solve problems. Especially in times when Bethesda dropped an "update".

The crash log shows in the header that the Skyrim version is 1.5.97, so seems unlikely that "_ ResourcePack.esl" and "_marketplace.bsa" exist.

I don't retain obsolete game environments to support troubleshooting issues with them.

18 hours ago, z929669 said:

The crash log shows in the header that the Skyrim version is 1.5.97, so seems unlikely that "_ ResourcePack.esl" and "_marketplace.bsa" exist.

I don't retain obsolete game environments to support troubleshooting issues with them.

Ah, I missed that part. I went straight for the error message, which is the same as the previous post. Hopefully the cure will be the same for Clutchman.