Help with "The 12 Years Of Skyrim Ultimate Graphics Tutorial"

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to modding Skyrim. I found "The 12 Years Of Skyrim Ultimate Graphics Tutorial" and I believe that I followed the steps correctly but I have two issues. I tried finding support on the Nexus site but it's dead so here I am. The two issues are:

1. On step 11, I don't have 'SKSE Launcher option in your Mod Organizer 2 menu.'
  2. When I click Run then Play, I  get the error: "REl/Relocation: Failed to locate an appropriate address library with the path "...1-5-97-0.bin." (I have a screenshot that I can share).

Can someone plz help me fix these two issues.

Hi QuietBeat,

Firstly, this forum is specifically for the STEP Modlist. The modlist you are following is not supported here. That modlist also includes the use of Wabbajack, which is also not supported by STEP. So you should have posted this in the "General Skyrim SE Discussion & Support Forum".

As for your problems: both are related. Apparently you haven't installed SKSE correctly. In step 5 of that list, they give an incomplete/ wrong way of installing SKSE. HERE you can see how to install it the correct way. 

From the error message I see you downloaded SKSE for 1.5.97 or the pre-AE version of SKSE. If you have Skyrim AE (either free or full) you have to download and install SKSE for 1.6.640. So double check you have the correct version downloaded.

After installing SKSE, you should see the SKSE Launcher in MO2.

Thank you for being so helpful! 

I performed the steps outlined for 'installing' SKSE and it now appears in MO. When I tried playing Skyrim, I got a message about not running the correct version of SKSE/Skyrim. I revert everything to what I thought was the most current version of SKSE/Skyrim then I verified the Skyrim files.

The message I'm getting is attached along with other screenshots which I hope are helpful. If I had to guess at what I'm suppose to do to resolve the error is to downgrade Skyrim, which I did but then I get another error (no screenshot).

I'm thinking that in "5: Go the SKSE page here, and download SKSE: skse64_2_01_05    Install the contents in your main Skyrim AE/SE folder", I should download a different SKSE but I don't know which one. 

What suggestions do you have?

SKSE64 Loader.png

MO.png

1 hour ago, QuietBeat said:

I'm thinking that in "5: Go the SKSE page here, and download SKSE: skse64_2_01_05    Install the contents in your main Skyrim AE/SE folder", I should download a different SKSE but I don't know which one.

The mod page of "12 years" is... rather confusing. It says it is updated in April 2023, but the download files haven't been updated since May 2022?

Also it tells you to "downgrade" to version 1.6.353. Why? This tells me that the mod list/ Wabbajack is not current. There should be no reason to downgrade to an older version these days. Since Skyrim has been updated to version 1.6.640, there have been lots of changes/ enhancements.

I personally would suggest to let go of the "12 years" mod list and follow the STEP Guide instead, as it is current, stable and well maintained. And has a helpful community if you run into trouble. But that is of course entirely up to you.

If you want to continue with "12 years", you should check which version of Skyrim you have installed now after the "downgrade patcher". You should have version 1.6.353 if you downgraded correctly. Skyrim 1.6.353 requires SKSE version 2.1.5, which you can find under the "Old Files" in the link Greg posted above this post.

If you have version 1.5.97, you have downgraded all the way back to the old Skyrim SE, so not Skyrim AE. This means you didn't downgrade correctly and you will need to do it again to get to version 1.6.353.

if you have version 1.6.640, you have the most recent version of Skyrim AE, which is suggested by the first error picture. This means you forgot to downgrade to version 1.6.353. This version is, apparently, not compatible with the "12 years" mod list/ Wabbajack.

Downgrading to the "correct" version and installing the correct SKSE version should solve the SKSE problems. Remember to install SKSE as you did before, so it shows up in MO2. But, as I said before, I fear that you may run into other problems caused by incompatibility because of the Wabbajack file.

Just come over to the STEP side. We have cookies. Well, had cookies. I was hungry.

Edited by ButchDiavolo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Just come over to the STEP side. We have cookies. Well, had cookies. I was hungry.

It's funny you say that because I ate my two cookies while reading this and had to laugh out loud when I read this sentence.

I may have mistaken that screenshot, but I'm interpreting this as SKSE saying it detected Skyrim version 1.6.640 and is why I posted instructions to get this version of SKSE. I hadn't looked at that Wabbajack list, but it does seem to be a bit dated based on your findings.

LOL, I'll take some salted Carmel cookies plz :P

I have to agree with the both of you that the author hasn't updated the page and seems not to notice/care. When Skyrim came out and I finished it, I tried modding at lost a piece of me I never got back, luckily we have alcohol to remedy that :) I am totally done trying to follow that page and have 'blocked' it. I watched a video that showcased the modlist and thought to try it.

My PC is 5 years old and has decent hardware including a RTX 4080. I'm currently limited to diskspace (that's why I don't have Ro). I can easily play games like Lords of the Fallen, Cyberpunk 20077, and others on my ultrawide monitor using Ultra settings without issue. 

I've used Wabbajack Ro a year+ back and liked it but this time I wanted to try me hand at photorealism mods. I have Wabbajack AVO installed and I had hopes of taking inspiration from '12 years' and adding it to AVO. As that dream is dead, perhaps I could get some advice/assistance? 

Edited by QuietBeat

3 hours ago, QuietBeat said:

LOL, I'll take some salted Carmel cookies plz :P

I have to agree with the both of you that the author hasn't updated the page and seems not to notice/care. When Skyrim came out and I finished it, I tried modding at lost a piece of me I never got back, luckily we have alcohol to remedy that :) I am totally done trying to follow that page and have 'blocked' it. I watched a video that showcased the modlist and thought to try it.

My PC is 5 years old and has decent hardware including a RTX 4080. I'm currently limited to diskspace (that's why I don't have Ro). I can easily play games like Lords of the Fallen, Cyberpunk 20077, and others on my ultrawide monitor using Ultra settings without issue. 

I've used Wabbajack Ro a year+ back and liked it but this time I wanted to try me hand at photorealism mods. I have Wabbajack AVO installed and I had hopes of taking inspiration from '12 years' and adding it to AVO. As that dream is dead, perhaps I could get some advice/assistance? 

Hmm, well STEP is meant as an upgraded/ debugged vanilla Skyrim. So you won't find much photorealism in the Guide. Of course you can find all kinds of visual upgrades on Nexus yourself. But, if you are already limited in disk space, going photorealistic is probably too much of an ask. Those kinds of mods are generally very large. Maybe pick up a good plug-in SDD disk, dedicated to gaming? That should give you enough disk space to do whatever you want.

I did hear about Nolvus which looks pretty amazing and I am tempted to give that a try, sometime. But I have spend so much time the past weeks to rebuild my mod list based on STEP and get it working well with ENB Parallax and the new ENB gizmos, that I now just want to actually play the game for a while. Modding can become a whole game in itself. Ever since Skyrim came out, I have never even done any of the Dragonborn and Dawnguard quests... because I get sidetracked with all these new shiny pretty pretty mods...

• Like 2