SkyrimSE v2.2.0 Guide - Updating to Anniversary Edition

Montey30

I initially followed the guide with a instance of Skyrim Special Edition v1.6.640.0, and i just bought a code to upgrade to anniversary edition, what folders should i backup previous to updating the game so i can keep my modded instance working? (I followed the Skyrim SE v2.2.0 Guide and finished setting everything up in it.)

The AE upgrade doesn't impact the runtime version. You will still be running 1.6.xxx of the game just with about 80 new vanilla plugins.

Technically, you couldn't have used Step SSE 2.2.0 without AE upgrade, so you must have done something custom.

In short, there's really nothing to do if I'm understanding you correctly. Just use a different MO SSE instance as described in the 2.2.0 changelog if you are changing your build in any way.

Just now, z929669 said:

The AE upgrade doesn't impact the runtime version. You will still be running 1.6.xxx of the game just with about 80 new vanilla plugins.

Technically, you couldn't have used Step SSE 2.2.0 without AE upgrade, so you must have done something custom.

In short, there's really nothing to do if I'm understanding you correctly. Just use a different MO SSE instance as described in the 2.2.0 changelog if you are changing your build in any way.

So, i can safely "update" to the anniversary version, and continue on as i previously did? Any files ill need to tinker with / modify? So far it seems to be working perfectly. Do i need to clean the new CC content, etc?

1 hour ago, Montey30 said:

So, i can safely "update" to the anniversary version, and continue on as i previously did? Any files ill need to tinker with / modify? So far it seems to be working perfectly. Do i need to clean the new CC content, etc?

Yes, you should clean the 40-ish vanilla plugins as LOOT will indicate as per instructions in the guide.