Survival Mode - no hunger restoration?

doug4130

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 9:48 PM, doug4130 said:

after completing a fresh STEP installation including kryptopyr's CACO_Survival Mode patch, no food in game restores hunger.  Anyone else ever run into this issue?

On 7/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, JayJayEl said:

Having this issue right now, did you ever resolve it?

2 hours ago, FendisKhan said:

I have the same problem with nearly all foods. I did find that Cooked Brook Bass (purchased in Dead Man's Drink) gave 220 points of hunger restoration, however.

Seems like an issue maybe with the patch, since three people have confirmed independently.

I've looked at the Step Patches in general around this, and I don't see a problem. It should be working fine.

Do any of you have plugin deviations from the Step 2.2.0 guide? If so, what plugins?

Most importantly, please give me a specific example:

What food item? (Record ID or Editor ID preferred)

I had no deviations from the Step Guide. However, I just added Survival Mode (CC) __ CACO (not currently part of the guide) to my install and did a LOOT sort. This seems to have added hunger restoration values to the foods I tested (soup, fish, apples). I'll do some more testing, but that patch seems to fix things for me.

5 minutes ago, FendisKhan said:

I had no deviations from the Step Guide. However, I just added Survival Mode (CC) __ CACO (not currently part of the guide) to my install and did a LOOT sort. This seems to have added hunger restoration values to the foods I tested (soup, fish, apples). I'll do some more testing, but that patch seems to fix things for me.

Please disable that patch and test again, because that patch should be 100% redundant with our patches, which are doing the same thing. Test using the same save you loaded after installing that patch. If you can confirm, then we may have missed something in our patch that I can address.

Test with a few cooked foods and others. If you can get the Editor ID of the food via More Informative Console, that would be ideal. Just drop it on the ground and check that way via the console.

Are you running survival mode or not?

Actually, I think I see the problem. The CACO patch was mistakenly removed (by me) from the 2.2.0 KPH instructions, because it's no longer a master of our CACO patch.

I will revert this last update, so everyone revisit Kryptopyrs Patch Hub and check that each was installed.

I tested with and without kryptopyr's patch; in both cases survival mode is on.

Without patch:
- Green Apple (ID: FoodApple02) has Magic Effects value [1] -- NO HUNGER POINTS
- Chicken Soup (ID: CACO_Food2SoupChicken_CookingExpanded) has Magic Effects value [2] - NO HUNGER POINTS
- Cooked Brook Bass (ID: ccBGSSSE001_FoodBucketFishCooked had Magic Effects value [2] -- 200 HUNGER POINTS
- Alto Noir Wine (ID: FoodDrinkWineAlto) has Magic Effects value [5] -- 2 HUNGER POINTS

With patch:
- Green Apple (ID: FoodApple02) has Magic Effects value [2] -- 18 HUNGER POINTS
- Chicken Soup (ID: CACO_Food2SoupChicken_CookingExpanded) has Magic Effects value [3] - 380 HUNGER POINTS
- Cooked Brook Bass (ID: ccBGSSSE001_FoodBucketFishCooked had Magic Effects value [2] -- 200 HUNGER POINTS
- Alto Noir Wine (ID: FoodWineAlto) has Magic Effects value [5] -- 2 HUNGER POINTS

Those are the only foods I have in my backpack at the moment. This save is only 5 minutes old, so I only have what I was initially given.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FendisKhan said:

I tested with and without kryptopyr's patch; in both cases survival mode is on.

Without patch:
- Green Apple (ID: FoodApple02) has Magic Effects value [1] -- NO HUNGER POINTS
- Chicken Soup (ID: CACO_Food2SoupChicken_CookingExpanded) has Magic Effects value [2] - NO HUNGER POINTS
- Alto Noir Wine (ID: FoodDrinkWineAlto) has Magic Effects value [5] -- 2 HUNGER POINTS

With patch:
- Green Apple (ID: FoodApple02) has Magic Effects value [2] -- 18 HUNGER POINTS
- Chicken Soup (ID: CACO_Food2SoupChicken_CookingExpanded) has Magic Effects value [3] - 380 HUNGER POINTS
- Alto Noir Wine (ID: FoodWineAlto) has Magic Effects value [5] -- 2 HUNGER POINTS

Those are the only foods I have in my backpack at the moment. This save is only 5 minutes old, so I only have what I was initially given.

Thanks for this. Looks like it's all working correctly with the patch added back as expected.

Sorry about that!