Priority left panel restart every time

alexsinuser

Question

I am starting to mod with MO2 following the Step guide. But when i try to change the priority of the DLCs (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) in the left panel, the changes won't stick. Whether I close MO2, switch profiles, or click "refresh," the priority reverts back to its original state. It's probably a silly bug that im missing, but i cant find a solution. Thank you!

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, alexsinuser said:

Yes, in the "profile setup" it says to arrange the mods in the left pane like that. maybe Im misunderstanding but I thought it was dragging them in that order of priority. although if isn't necessary I will leave it as it is. Thank you!

image.thumb.png.432e5516e4803ce1295af9fa3bb19d11.png

Thos instructions are redundant. I will fix it

Is there a particular reason you want to reorder those DLCs in the left pane? If you're following the STEP Guide as you said, nowhere are you instructed to do so.

It's not a MO bug, it's a feature. If you mouse over one of these DLCs on the left pane, you'll see a tooltip:

This pseudo mod represents content managed outside MO. It isn't modified by MO.

In other words, MO doesn't allow you to manage these items like mods, as they're not mods. It shows them so you know they're there, but that's it.

Plugins are sorted on MO's right panel. And if you're following the STEP Guide, you should be using LOOT to automatically sort plugins rather than ordering them manually.

20 minutes ago, alexsinuser said:

Yes, in the "profile setup" it says to arrange the mods in the left pane like that.

Ok I see. Thanks for the screenshot.

Looks like the instructions are not applicable and they'll be corrected. So for now you can skip step #2 in the profile creation and keep going with the remainder.

1 hour ago, alexsinuser said:

I am starting to mod with MO2 following the Step guide. But when i try to change the priority of the DLCs (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) in the left panel, the changes won't stick. Whether I close MO2, switch profiles, or click "refresh," the priority reverts back to its original state. It's probably a silly bug that im missing, but i cant find a solution. Thank you!

If you installed MO in instanced mode as explained in the System Setup Guide, then your mod install priority and enablement is stored in

\%LOCALAPPDATA%\ModOrganizer\{instanceName}\profiles\{profileName} (lowest priority at bottom of file)

This is a directory path under the user's ownership, so user changes to these files should are honored.

If you open this file and drag/drop a vanilla mod in the left pane to the priority wanted, it will update this file. Vanilla 'mods' cannot be disabled.

If this is not the case for you, then you have ownership problems in the OS, or you have not installed MO in instanced mode as instructed (because your profile path is not under your user ownership).

Ultimately, MO install priority doesn't matter for vanilla 'mods' in the left pane, because none of these have loose assets but rather BSA archives that are loaded with their respective plugins and determined by load order of plugins that are in turn determined by LOOT sorting.

4 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Is there a particular reason you want to reorder those DLCs in the left pane? If you're following the STEP Guide as you said, nowhere are you instructed to do so.

It's not a MO bug, it's a feature. If you mouse over one of these DLCs on the left pane, you'll see a tooltip:

This pseudo mod represents content managed outside MO. It isn't modified by MO.

In other words, MO doesn't allow you to manage these items like mods, as they're not mods. It shows them so you know they're there, but that's it.

Plugins are sorted on MO's right panel. And if you're following the STEP Guide, you should be using LOOT to automatically sort plugins rather than ordering them manually.

Yes, in the "profile setup" it says to arrange the mods in the left pane like that. maybe Im misunderstanding but I thought it was dragging them in that order of priority. although if isn't necessary I will leave it as it is. Thank you!

image.thumb.png.432e5516e4803ce1295af9fa3bb19d11.png