Shield Block Sound Missing

Sorry for the repeated questions, I hope it doesn't count as spam and that this will be the last issue for a while. I have a very specific issue, tried to resolve it for a long while, but none of the potential fixes I found or tried worked.

The sound that plays when blocking an animal attack /specifically a wolf) with a shield is missing. Blocking with a weapon or blocking humanoid enemies works fine, but the shield block thump against animals does not.

I tried deinstalling all audio mods, all related patches, everything that could somehow relate to combat, blocking, and sounds - it is still missing. I tried a new game, same issue. I tried mods that add loud shield block noises to confirm the sound isn't actualy very quiet or silent - nothin'.

At this point I think it's a weird vanilla bug, not actually correlated with this guide. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a fix or could at least try getting attacked by a wolf to see if that freaking sound even exists?

Edited by Phoenix11037
Typo

On 5/22/2023 at 1:21 AM, Phoenix11037 said:

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a fix or could at least try getting attacked by a wolf to see if that freaking sound even exists?

I just tried it, blocking wolf attacks with a metallic shield: no sound.

It appears to be a vanilla issue that neither Audio Overhaul nor Immersive Sounds Compendium address.

Here's a link to a discussion from 4 years ago that would suggest the issue has existed in vanilla for a while: [Bug -SE] Shields don’t have a block sound when blocking attacks (Reddit)

I haven't tried with a pure vanilla setup myself to confirm.