Anything to be done about the inventory and quest log bloat from especially CC mods?

Hi all!

Title says most, this is not really a discussion about anything STEP related specifically. But when playing through the game, you will experience an ever growing quest log, and a never ending stream of couriers giving you shitty tasks you might not want. Has anyone stumbled across a mod to address this? While I don't mind the CC content, some of it I might even like, it's just so overwhelming. I'm not sure at what point this shifted, because having a courier deliever a note might have been immersion when you got 5-10 during an entire playthrough. But when you can't walk into a major city without being chased by one, for an endless quest log, it makes all these things feel like chores, at least to me. 

~Sincerely

Halde

For the inventory bloat, there is no good solution but this mod Hide Quest Items in Container Menu, which I use, alleviates the issue somewhat, with some small caveats. There are more drastic and riskier approaches that I haven't tried, such as Remove Quest Items or Let Me Drop It (Removable Quest Items).

As for CC quests, I don't play with any CC content but I know there are a few mods that try to address the issue. For instance: Rebalancing Anniversary Edition - Quest Requirements, which delays each CC quest until a specific configurable player level is reached, similar to Timing Is Everything. It's not very immersive, but it allows for spreading the quests over an entire playthrough, or for delaying them until you're ready to tackle them (i.e. initially set minimum level to 100, then change it to your current level when you want it to start).

Fewer quests started early also reduces the inventory cluttering by useless quest items.

Lastly, as a general way of decluttering the quest log, I'd suggest Hide Those Futile Quests SE. This is merely an organizational/cosmetic tool, it doesn't affect the quests themselves.

• Like 1