SKSE64 Load Order

ravenwing

I suspect this has been discussed, so apologies if I'm just searching in the wrong places.

I'm wondering why the SKSE64 "helper" mod is being loaded 6th on the list of Section 02 - Extenders. Most notably, it is being loaded after several SKSE extension mods. Shouldn't this be the very first on the list? I realize this may be a more theoretical question. If none of it's files are being overwritten, then presumably it doesn't make a difference.

Right above this section it says clearly to be sure to install and load in the order presented because there is probably a reason. I'm wondering what the reason is in this case.

Items in the left pane are generally ordered alphabetically within each category, although we may deviate if a mod needs to override assets (generally meshes or textures) in another mod that comes after it alphabetical order. The order of the plugins in the Extenders section doesn't really matter. You should start the game at the verification point (after all extenders have been installed) to verify these are installed and working correctly. At this point you should have skse_loader.exe and skse_{version}.dll in the game folder and you should be running skse_loader.exe to start the game. This leaves only the SKSE scripts installed as a mod and the other plugins are installed alphabetically, which is the same order SKSE loads them.