My very long time for LOD generation

I have finally finished installing the mods and tested the game, its hard having a job and familly to take care, time is a problem ^^'

I'm just curious about the time needed to process the LODs, cause it took me the sunday evening for this task.

Generate terrain LOD: 72 minutes
Paint roads on terrain LOD: 1 minute
Run TexGen: 31 minutes
Run DynDOLOD: 117 minutes

On my Ryzen 5600X, with a NVME SSD and 32GB ram at 3600MT/s.

Is that normal? :thinking:

54 minutes ago, DMCbr said:

I have finally finished installing the mods and tested the game, its hard having a job and familly to take care, time is a problem ^^'

I'm just curious about the time needed to process the LODs, cause it took me the sunday evening for this task.

Generate terrain LOD: 72 minutes
Paint roads on terrain LOD: 1 minute
Run TexGen: 31 minutes
Run DynDOLOD: 117 minutes

On my Ryzen 5600X, with a NVME SSD and 32GB ram at 3600MT/s.

Is that normal? :thinking:

Time for LODGen doesn't mean much unless you are running a known mod list. It varies significantly, depending on the mod list, and GPU/drivers. Your times are inflated for Step and even more so for vanilla. For Step:

• Terrain takes me roughly 15-20 min.
  • TexGen should take less than 10 minutes, and I get it done with latest alpha in about 4 minutes.
  • DynDOLOD takes me about 40 minutes with occlusion and probably 30 min without

Look at the FAQs for troubleshooting log runs or large outputs. Specifically the sections under "DynDOLOD/TexGen Questions" labeled "Long running time or output several GB in file size" and "High memory usage / Out of memory"

You can also try killing these AMD processes, particularly the Adrenaline:

image.png