Adopting more than one child causes script lag and eventual ctd

1 hour ago, thor94322 said:

Seems that my game just won't supper me adopting two kids instead of one. Had this issue in another playthrough a couple months back and seem to still have it. Since its a script issue it feels impossible to test. https://pastebin.com/i3L71qLq This is my load order if anyone knows of any mods infamous for this ctd

I'm not familiar with a lot of those mods, and I see you are using some mod-specific compatibility patches, but a couple of observations:

1. It's a large plugin list
  2. I don't see a 'build' patch near the end of the load order

For large mod lists incorporating lots of different overhauls, you really should be using a custom 'global' compatibility patch specific to your plugins. Modpocalypse and Complete NPC Overhaul stick out. You are sure to have some odd things without a patch. Also, scripting gets baked into your saves, so you would probably need to consider patching and starting a new game.

40 minutes ago, thor94322 said:

How do I add a build patch? Modpocalypse npc overhaul comes with a automatic ssedit script for making compatibility patches if that's what you mean.

The mod author of Modpocalypse recommend using the patcher so that you should do. A good rule is to read everything on a mod page and follow the authors instructions and recommendations.

But that is probably not enough. With this many mods you will have to use xEdit to find conflicts and patch them (for example the STEP Guide have several special made patches unique to that specific list/guide). And it is not just to avoid risk of crashes, it is also and probably more so to avoid inconsistencys that can ruing your game experience.