DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version

Kattmandu

I'm getting a "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" message when loading my latest save game.  I recently ran through the 2.2.0 guide and noticed a new mod in there...DynDOLOD DLL SE.  I haven't re-run my LOD setup yet since adding this mod.  Will this message go away after running through the LOD setup?

49 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I'm getting a "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" message when loading my latest save game.  I recently ran through the 2.2.0 guide and noticed a new mod in there...DynDOLOD DLL SE.  I haven't re-run my LOD setup yet since adding this mod.  Will this message go away after running through the LOD setup?

Revisit the 2.2.0 guide to get the correct versions of all mods. You may need to disable DynDOLOD in that save via MCM. The instructions for updating LOD are in the DynDOLOD MCM too. Then once you have saved indoors with DynDOLOD unloaded, remove your TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs, and regenerate them. Then reactivate those plugins, sort with LOOT, and load that save.

10 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Revisit the 2.2.0 guide to get the correct versions of all mods.

That's what I spent the last few hours doing.  When I disable DynDOLOD DLL SE, I don't get that 'wrong version' message.  The only mod that is not the latest version, is DynDOLOD DLL SE since the guide link is to an archived version.

Edited by Kattmandu

23 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You may need to disable DynDOLOD in that save via MCM. The instructions for updating LOD are in the DynDOLOD MCM too. Then once you have saved indoors with DynDOLOD unloaded, remove your TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs, and regenerate them. Then reactivate those plugins, sort with LOOT, and load that save.

Okay, so running through the LOD setup should resolve my issue.

Edited by Kattmandu

58 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

That's what I spent the last few hours doing.  When I disable DynDOLOD DLL SE, I don't get that 'wrong version' message.  The only mod that is not the latest version, is DynDOLOD DLL SE since the guide link is to an archived version.

The guide link points to the correct version. As I mentioned, if you are using 2.2.0 with all other dependencies updated per the guide, then you should be fine. You will need the latest DynDOLOD Alpha 111

15 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The guide link points to the correct version. As I mentioned, if you are using 2.2.0 with all other dependencies updated per the guide, then you should be fine. You will need the latest DynDOLOD Alpha 111

The LOD generation is the only part I haven't completed yet.  Running through it now.  I do have DynDOLOD Alpha 111.  All my installed mods are the latest unless the guide specifically points to a different version (such as DynDOLOD DLL SE).

I did have my older LOD generation files enabled when I launched Skyrim and got that message so maybe that was it.

Edited by Kattmandu

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

The LOD generation is the only part I haven't completed yet.  Running through it now.  I do have DynDOLOD Alpha 111.  All my installed mods are the latest unless the guide specifically points to a different version (such as DynDOLOD DLL SE).

I did have my older LOD generation files enabled when I launched Skyrim and got that message so maybe that was it.

Did you get the script version error only when you loaded that save and not with a new game?

If you completed the 2.2.0 guide before it was released, then you probably have some outdated and missing mods, which is why we don't release it until it's final.

Usually these messages are related to dependencies being wrong version in the SKSE stack. DynDOLOD should be redone if the mod list changes. See the 2.2.0 changelog introduction for instructions on making a clean save and a new MO instance, and verify that you are running 2.2.0 in it's current form. Once released, our guide mod list never changes in any way but for mods updating (which we can't control).

27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Did you get the script version error only when you loaded that save and not with a new game?

If you completed the 2.2.0 guide before it was released, then you probably have some outdated and missing mods, which is why we don't release it until it's final.

Usually these messages are related to dependencies being wrong version in the SKSE stack. DynDOLOD should be redone if the mod list changes. See the 2.2.0 changelog introduction for instructions on making a clean save and a new MO instance, and verify that you are running 2.2.0 in it's current form. Once released, our guide mod list never changes in any way but for mods updating (which we can't control).

After re-running through the LOD setup, the message is no more.  So it was one of my older xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD, or Occlusion output files.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

After re-running through the LOD setup, the message is no more.  So it was one of my older xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD, or Occlusion output files.

That's good to know. I've never heard of or encountered that error message in relation to a savegame.

48 minutes ago, z929669 said:

That's good to know. I've never heard of or encountered that error message in relation to a savegame.

Seems I can't load a save and create a new save and then load that new save however.  When I do, the game crashes.  If I start a new game, no issues.  Guess I'll just start a new character.  Probably better anyway since so many mods were updated, added, removed, etc.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

I should add that I didn't try starting a new game when I was getting that 'wrong version' message.  So it probably wasn't specific to my save.  Probably would have occurred no matter what until my LOD generation was re-run.

So, apparently the reason I was getting the "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" message is because I was using an older DynDOLOD output (before Step implemented the "Large Reference Bugs Workarounds" check box) while DynDOLOD DLL NG was installed.

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

So, apparently the reason I was getting the "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" message is because I was using an older DynDOLOD output (before Step implemented the "Large Reference Bugs Workarounds" check box) while DynDOLOD DLL NG was installed.

Yes, this makes sense. You should always delete all LODGen outputs and regenerate when the mod list changes as explained in the guide.